Chapter 20 Raven

We labor against our own cure,
for death is the cure of all diseases.
-Sir Thomas Browne

The once black floor was now covered in white ash spread into a circle. In the middle of the circle there was a trident/sword shaped figure that was both beautiful and horrific.
Cyrus had been burning mahogany for the past five hours and pouring the ashes. Sabrina had come in an hour earlier saying that this was where Hassins was would be entering Rinder. She also came in to tell us that Anderson was dead, an accident. But by the look of fear on Cyrus's face and the look of joy on Sabrina's said that it wasn't. After she left Cyrus spoke.

"She wasn't always like this, you know. She used to be brilliant, and right, and... and happy. But not a happy that she is now. Not this sick twisted happy that you get from killing people. She was so excited when she found her Amè that she went to her first friend who was a guy who had found his too. But he wasn't...wasn't it. After that she got cold. Started killing, started hunting. At first she was the best; determined, smart, energetic. But then the guy turned up dead in a river and she got happy again. Evil happy." He sniffed almost like he was crying. "That monster," he pointed to the door she left out of "That is not my sister, that is some thing that took over." He shook his head.

"Who did she kill?" Cyrus shook his head.

"There we're done trap's set. Now we wait."

"I don't know how to use this." I pointed to Veryssa.

"Yeah you do. You're born with Shooter in your blood. You know how to use a katana." The bell behind him struck. "Party time."

🌔

We hid behind a black wall that Cyrus had set up. See out not in he said. I tried to act cool like he was. Cool like this was just an average day. Find, kill, hunt, kill, survive. Or at least try too. When the ombré finally came through they were ten minutes late. The first five showed up. Then another then another. Within a minute the hall was covered in thirty specks of ombré. Cyrus cussed under his breath when one separated two lines of ash. Lastly a boy stepped out.
He had deep brown hair and grey eyes. He was wearing a black blazer over a black shirt and white tie. Added onto his goth wedding look was black pants and golden leaf cuff links. There was Hassins Simpson, who looked more like an demonic human then a demonic shadow.