Chapter 18 Raven

The fields were different this time. The wheat had been black red like the shadow's blood as I stabbed it to death. Now it was an alarmingly bright red.

"It's your guilt." I turned around to see an old man with a beard and gray hair.

"For what? I haven't lied."

"No, but you didn't tell him."

"He didn't ask." He shrugged.

"Doesn't matter you feel guilty, that's all I can tell you." And he was gone.

+

"Raven, stop!' Cyrus gripped my wrists and something fell out of my hand and clattered to the ground. A bloody knife. I noticed the blood covering Cyrus  and the stinging up my arms. I looked down to see velvet creeping out of my arms.

"Did, did I hurt you?" He looked down.

"No," He breathed and gave me a hug. "No you didn't hurt anyone.

+

"Killed shadows, Cyrus what happened?"

"Aragorn took uh, over." I said. Sabrina was already on the move. Within a minute she had covered my arms in water soaked towels. The stinging in my arms immediately stopped.

"Phoenix tears." I nodded. "Where's Mr. Anderson-?"

"Long story." Cyrus began.

"Actually it's not. He's a traitor and letting ombre tonight." Sabrina stared.

"Not surprised myself." Cyrus's eyes bulged. She held up a hand. "He's been acting differently lately that's all. Something was up." Cyrus looked at Sabrina with amazing trust. I felt a flicker of jealousy. But as Cyrus turned towards me it was gone. "So what do we do?"

"Well," Cyrus pulled out the laptop. "Raven sent a message to this Hassins guy. He's coming at nine with 6 ombre and a bottle full of," He cocked his head. "Basilisk venom, peppermint flavored. Interesting." He shrugged. "I never saw you as a peppermint type of girl."

"Where's Mr. Anderson anyway?" Said Sabrina saving me from embarrassment.

"The white room." She smiled.

+

Sabrina tapped on the glass. You could see a dark- well dark in this light- shaking. Then a yell came.

"Sabrina Marie Williams if you tap one more time I will feed you basilisk venom too!" Tap, tap, tap.

"Sabrina that's enough. We have work to do." She waved a hand.

"No you have work to do. I have interrogating to." She grabbed a microphone. "Where are you meeting him? I will turn this light on higher until you burn!"

"Sabrina you said you had this under control!" Cyrus said. She slammed the microphone down and turned the notch up five clicks from 10r to 15r. You could hear Mr. Anderson scream and you could see Sabrina fighting back a smile.

"I do. I promise now get." She pushed Cyrus and I through an iron door and shut hit almost crushing me in between it and the door frame.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing. Nothing it's fine. We have other things to do." And he walked without looking back.