Chapter 11 Aislenn + Raven

January 2, 20479

Land outside of Rinder

Aislenn Grave

The willow I now sleep in was visited by one of Johnson's soldiers today. He posted a sign on my tree causing a pain in my stomach. MISSING: MRS. AISLENN JOHNSON.

WIFE OF KING JOHNSON. ANSWERS TO ASH.

FIVE THOUSAND TO WHOM BRINGS HER BACK.

I snorted. He was losing hope he would find me. Last week it was ten thousand. I ripped the paper off the tree, feeling the staples pull out of my skin painfully. I crumpled it up and set it on fire nearly setting my tree too. I went to the back of the tree to the steps I had burned in and climbed the tree.

The top was my favorite but I stayed in the middle for the sake that the soldier was still in the forest. I had been collecting vines and tying them together to create a hammock. As I moved Johnson's crest burned on my skin. A heart the top unattached to the bottom on the right side with three lines going through it. He burned it on me the day I left the bastard.

A cold sweat woke me up from the dream of who Mr. Anderson said was my mother. She was beautiful. Long golden hair with a green bottom shading to yellow. Bright red lips but small face and green cunning eyes. The eyes and hair that seemed familiar but couldn't figure it out until I passed a mirror. In the silver outlined oval mirror was my mother only instead of green shaded hair there was purple straight lines. I touched my own hair as did she. My mother was me and I finally knew what I had to do.

I stood at Mr. Anderson's door and pounded. The scales were almost completely off the door now. And the last few fell as I hit the door. A girl version of Cyrus walked down the hall.

"What the hell are you doing?" The girl was in all red and had a red bird perched on her shoulder. Like Doe this girl had red in her hair but in different shapes of dots.

"I have to talk to Mr. Anderson-"

"Why would he be in your office?"

"What? No this is his office."

"Are you Scarlett?" I nodded. "Then it's your office." I stood there a moment waiting for her to leave. "Do you not know how to open a door?" She leaned past me and pushed in the door knob. The door slid open. Se waved a hand. "After you."

The room was empty all except for the fire place and an old chair. The girl looked at me expectantly. "Are you going to do some magic or something? You know beef the place up." I cocked my head what was magic. "You know Expecto Petronem."

"What?"

"Avada Kedavra- forget it I got this." The room lit in flames and I cried out. Within seconds there was no more fire but a purple and golden desk in the far corner. Big comfy looking chairs you can sink into but never come out appeared next to it. The leg of one chair was still on fire. The girl ran over to it and clasped her hands around it putting it out. When it was out she stood up and wiped her hands on her jeans. "There. That's better. I even made your desk match your hair." She wiped black hair out of her face then stuck out a hand. "Sabrina Williams. I believe you are wearing my clothes."