[13]

"Congratulations it's a girl" the doctor said cheerfully, I'm looking down at my belly before meeting Louis's eyes widen up. He squeezed my hand a bit and smile at me.

Louis asks several questions related to my pregnancy to the doctor. I'm looking out at the window, staring at the sky blankly while I heard Louis talking to the doctor indistinctly. He cares to me, a lot, more than I could imagine he would be. But the more he tried his best to be with me, the more I couldn't get Matty out of my mind.

My phone buzzing from the unknown number, I furrowed my brows looking down at my phone. "Can I have a minute?" I put my phone up give a sign to pick the phone up interrupted the conversations between Louis and Doctor Annelise had "sure" he said.

I heard a heavy breathe on the phone as I pick it up "hi, who is it?" I still couldn't hear anything clearly but I assumed something's wrong going on. "what the fuck happened? who is it?" I screamed on the phone causing some people across the hallway looking at me weirdly.

"It's Matty Daph, I'm at the hospital"

"Oh dear God, Matty. What happened to you?" I scratched my forehead worriedly.

"No, it's Clementine, she had a seizure this morning. We found her lays down on the bathroom floor"

"Don't fucking kidding me" I remembered about the other night when they gave me a birthday surprise and bragged something about Matty that made me so freaking worried.

"I swear to.. anything that could make you possibly believe and get your ass here" he sounds honestly worried this time, I couldn't tell he's lying.

"Send me the address!" he said okay before I hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" Louis was perplexed by my behavior. "Clementine at the hospital. Can you give me a ride, please?" he's nodding a little then go after me as I left him behind.

-----

I run to the room as Matty sent me the number's room through text. I open the door found her sleep with Ross intertwining their hands and his forehead pressed on it. Matty and George are sitting down on the couch they look worried. Adam sits on the chair at the other side of the bed with his head on his hands his elbows rested on the side of the bed.

"Clementine..." I said softly walks slowly to the bed pulling Adam into a hug as he stood up when I came closer. Adam moved from his side to give my way to come closer to see Clementine. "What happened to her?" I asked as I cross my thumb around her cheek, she's asleep. "She had a car accident 3 years ago, she was driving alone and she was drunk.. with that, caused her having brain damage which made her this morning had a seizure" I felt as if the ground beneath my feet had given away as I saw Ross explained it fully pain in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I frowned almost angrily. "We were about to call you but Rachel said you had a doctor appointment" Matty shrugged, I turn around to face him. "Why did you call Rachel in the first place than me?" this is making me more confused. "I was panic, the last call she made on her phone was Rachel, I thought you are a roommate" Matty said cross his leg onto another "but she was in the class this morning and would let you know after that because she couldn't call you at that moment. I was about to call you right away but we have to run her to the hospital as soon as possible, with that I couldn't call you after all this thing cleared" it all makes sense.

"Sorry, this is my parents" I see Ross put his phone up to pick it up as he walks out of the room to answer it. I took a deep breath running my fingers through her hair before press my lips on her forehead.

"Hi mate!" I heard Matty greets Louis with his hand wave at him. I feel this moment awkward as the first met experienced. "Sorry, everyone meets Louis, Louis this is Adam, George, Matty, and Ross the bearded guy one" I smiled looking down at Clementine's face again.

Her eyes on the move even it's still close. I move closer to her face makes everyone move from their sides to walk closer to Clementine except Louis, I guess. "Babe?" Adam whispered hold her hand kiss her knuckles. She tried her best to open her eyes, I can see how she manage to tightly shut her eyes before fully open it. "Hey, I'm here, babe" Adam said reassuringly made my heart warm, my eyes shed the tears. Matty wrapped his arm around my hips where his chin rested on my shoulder and I'm so unaware of his presence before. I couldn't move but looking down at her hand touch my belly. I'm looking at Louis with jealousy face stood up in the opposite of us behind Adam. He's glaring at the way Matty wraps his arms around me but I'm not moving anyway. I attempt to remove his hand slowly from my belly because I was afraid he will notice that I'm pregnant even tho I'm pretty sure he can't even spot the difference between pregnancy belly or not.

"Matty" I move my body as he removed her chin on my shoulder looking at me "sorry, I just want to comfort you" he run his thumb across my cheek to wipe a left tear as he bit his bottom lip and smile at me after that. My heart was pounding I can't even catch the breath, I'm suffocated, I was too nervous. Something that I never ever felt before when I was with Louis. I can't even take my eyes off of him but I heard Louis cleared his throat because I bet his heart is on fire now. Everyone suddenly look at his direction "I'm waiting outside" he pointed out at the door and walk out as I see Ross walks in so they passed each other.

"Clemy darling" he sees his sister wake up from her unconsciousness. She can barely talk but smile at her brother. Ross didn't say anything after that but hold her hand tightly stood up beside Adam. "I'm sorry I wasn't there with you" I brush my hand on her shoulders , she just nodding a little with a smile. "Don't you mind if I catch up with Louis for awhile?" I felt guilty in the second I knew he was jelly of me and Matty "sure" she said. I walk passed Matty and he winked at me.

Matty's POV

I peeped through the small window at the door, I just see her attempt to reach his hand out but he seemed ignore it. "No, we lied to you the other day, he's just a good friend to me same as the guys in the room" I heard her voice clearly as I get the nerve to open the door slowly. "Whoever the fuck he is, you're mine, so the baby" he shouted at her left her alone.

"The baby? What the fuck he's on about?" I mumbled to myself as I close the door slowly before she's about going inside. "Matty you look weird" George recognized me as I turn around "what's going on?" she asked from behind "nothing, I was about to go outside, I need some air" I walk passed her and go outside.

"Can I come with you?" I heard from the back. "Sure" I nodded a little so Daphne followed me. "You're getting back together huh?" I hope my voice will not sounds jelly to her. "I wish we're not" she smiled a bit. "Why tho?" I furrowed my brows.

"I don't know. Speaking of Clementine, she never told me anything about her car accident back then" I cleared my throat, push the door and give her a way to step outside. "She, uh, she was drunk as Ross said, their parents were about to divorce. That thing made her crazy but at the end their parents could save their marriage even tho something bad kept happening after that" I take out my cigarette from my leather jacket after I told her the story.

"Uh, Matty, can you do me a favor?" I nodded a little with my cig between my lips bouncing up and down. "Don't lit it up please? Every time you're with me, if you don't I'll leave you smoke your cigarettes after that we can talk properly" she put out the cig and place it on the pax back. "There's something about 'the baby' that you were talking about with Louis?" I asked her straight out. She made her eyes meet mine, her face frowned.

"Isn't it?" I reassured. She lays against the wall behind her back with her palm cover up her face, I think she wouldn't lie this time.

"Did you overhear us?" she looks at me cross her arms. "You're too loud" I play it cool.

"I'm pregnant, and it's his baby" she cleared her throat, face away me before looking down at the ground.

"Congratulations I guess?" I burn myself into my fire self now, I have no idea how could I be this jelly over a girl who knows nothing about what I'm feeling to her, who I suppose couldn't remember how amazing that night when we had sex.

"Yeah, thanks Matty"

"Let me help you with some if you need anything, me and my brother had 12 years gap when my mom had him so I still remember how to take care a woman during her pregnancy in a young age. I'm not an expert but I could help" I could see her smile from the side of her lips.

I thought I will be the father.