chapter 29

"Who is she?" Liam asked and gestured towards Winter. I looked at her as she stood there, looking scared for her life. Who was I kidding, I was scared, too. Who knows what was going to happen when we got back to Zayn's place.

"Oh, um, this is Winter. She's..umm...a friend."

"Hi," she whispered and waved. She looked down and let her hair fall over her face.

"Hello, love," Louis said, walking over to her. He put his arm around her and she flinched, just slightly. The only reason I noticed was because I had seen her do it every time Harry's brother was near. I never called him by his name. I refused to. He would always be Harry's brother, he didn't deserve to have me call him by his name. I looked around and as I just glanced over at the house, the front door opened and a curly haired, green eyed, tattooed boy came out. I made eye contact with him and froze where I was. He had a look of shock on his face and he stood there. I broke out of the frozen state I was in and ran at him. Full forced. I jumped at him when I was close enough and hugged him. Hard.

"Hey, Ocean," he whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me.

"God, I missed you," I said and I buried my face in his chest. "I thought you were dead."

"Oh, babe. I wasn't going down so easy." He laughed and I couldn't help the few tears that fell down my face. "Hey, hey don't cry," he whispered.

"I'm sorry," I laughed as I pulled away from him. I looked back at the others who were all looking at me, Winter included. "Man, I hate being stared at."

"Well, even though you look way too skinny for a person to be, and paler, you still look beautiful as ever." He got a weird look on his face and then said, "I'm not hitting on you," he laughed. "Besides I'm in a relationship." He smiled at me.

"Really? With who?" I asked, very curious.

"Him." He nodded towards Louis who was walking towards us. He looked at him with so much love. You could literally feel the love he had for him radiating off Harry.

"Hey, carrot princess, tryna steal my boy?" (see what i did there? Jesus i crack myself up)

"You caught me." I laughed. Louis hugged me, really hard and I winced. My side was still killing me, like bad. I pulled away and held my arm against my side. "Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. Come on, let's go inside."

Louis called for the others to come inside and I waited for Winter to come in. When she didn't I walked over to her and she said, "Ocean, we're gonna die if we don't get back soon."

"I know, Winter, I know. Just wait. I have an idea."

"It better be a good one." I just nodded and led her inside. Once we got in we walked into the living room. They boys were all sitting squished together on the couch and I decided I was not going to sit there with them, instead I went and sat in the big chair they kept in the corner on the opposite side, facing them. Winter sat on a bean bag next to the chair. 'When did that get there?' I thought. I guess Louis decided that he wasn't comfortable and ran over to me and sat on me. The way he landed on me was painful. His elbow hit me in the side and I gasped in pain. "Jesus, Louis," I managed to breathe out. Winter looked up at me, panic on her face. I guess I sounded like I was in pain, I don't know I was too busy, yahh know being in pain.

"Fuck, sorry Ocean," He said with concern in his voice.

I took a deep breath, ow bad idea, bad idea. "It's okay Lou."

"Ocean," Niall said. "Are you hurt?" His eyes full of worry.

"No, no. I'm okay." I looked down at Winter and saw she had a big frown on her face. I noticed her make up was coming off and her bruises from Zayn were starting to show. She looked at me and
I made a very subtle gesture, brushing my hand across my face and tapped were her make up was coming off. She took the hint and nodded, "Ocean, I have to pee," she said quietly.

"Come on, " I pushed Louis off of me and helped her up. We walked to bathroom and Louis called after me, "Listen here missy, you will pay for that!!" I just ignored him and walked into the bathroom with Winter. Luckily I still had a make up bag in here. It took me  a minute to find it, but I did. I handed the bag over to Winter. She got right to work covering it up. As she was doing so she asked me, "Are you okay? I know your side hurts. I can see the pain on your face."

"It hurts so bad," I pulled up me shirt and looked at it. It was bruised and swollen and it felt like I was on fire. Winter looked at and gasped.

"Shit! Jesus Ocean that looks horrible!"

"Shoo not so loud. I don't want them to worry." I looked at my side again. 'Fuck me' I thought as I took a good look at it. Not only was it bruised and swollen and felt like it was on fire, It was bleeding. How I had no clue but it was. "What am I gonna do?" I whispered.

"I don't know, babe. Maybe you should tell them. It looks pretty bad." She finished covering her bruises and knelt down to wear I was sitting on the edge of the tub. She touched it slightly, and I winced away. "Sorry," she whispered. "Okay this is gonna hurt, and I'm sorry but I need to check and see if you have a broken rib or anything like that." I braced myself and she took both of her hands a pushed down. I thought I was in pain before, but this was so much worse. I yelled in pain and tried to pull away. Her grip got tighter and she was pushing on different spots. My entire torso felt as if it was engulfed in flames. She hit a certain spot and I almost screamed. I was in so much pain that tears started running down my face. "Shit, I think you have two broken ribs. Maybe a few more bruised ones." I couldn't respond, seeing as how I was crying. Suddenly the bathroom door flew open and there was a gasp. I looked up and there was Niall, look of horror on his face. He looked at me.

"Who the fuck did that to you!?" he yelled. I didn't answer I just looked away. Winter stood up in front of me.

"Niall, is it? This doesn't concern you." She with an edge to her voice.

"The hell it does. Move," he pushed, but not really pushed, her of the way and picked me up. I gasped in pain again as he moved me. "Sorry," he said. Somehow I ended up in the living room in front of every one. There we various "What the fuck?" "Jesus!" "Oh my God!" and a few others.

"Who did this to you?" I didn't answer. "Answer me!" Niall half yelled.

I opened my mouth to tell him it didn't matter when the front door flew open.

"Where is she!? Zayn's voice boomed through out the house.

God, here it comes. He's gonna kill me. And Winter. At the sound of his voice Liam. Louis, Niall, and Harry stood in front of me and Winter, who now by my side.

Liam's voice came out lethal and deadly, "You want her? You're gonna half to get through us." He sounded so menacing and scary that I shrank back at the sound of his voice.

"Oh, gladly," and there was gunshot.