chapter 26

***Ocean's POV***

We sat in silence for the first ten or so minutes. During that time I was thinking of ways to escape, to get away, but none of them had a good outcome. There was one idea I had that wasn't so bad, I just had to get to the bathroom.

"Listen, Jada-" he started, but I interrupted.

"It's Ocean."

"Right, sorry. But listen, I'm sorry for having to take you away from the boys like this, but there are things you need to know."

"What things?" I questioned quietly.

"Things that you don't need to know quite yet. There are things you need to know first. You need to understand how we work."

"How who works?"

"Me. Zayn. Everyone in the house. We all work for someone and we have orders to explain everything to you."

"I don't understand what you mean."

"You will." I didn't answer, I just looked at him confused. And then, the radio played one of my favorite songs that I haven't heard in forever. I recognized it instantly and started to sing along quietly.

"darlin' I know your heart's seen better times, I know our songs had better rhymes before today. And darlin' i guess i made the wrong mistakes. I understand if you need your space, please take your time. Before you go away, so far away you need to realize..."

I would have kept going but I realized the radio was turned almost all the way down. I stopped and just sat there.

"Hey, why'd you stop?"  Dallas asked me.

"You turned the radio."

" I know, but thatls because I wanted to hear you."

"Why?"

"Because you have a pretty voice."

I didn't bother answering, I just turned up the radio. We drove on for another 30 or so minutes, until Dallas pulled up to a store I'd never been to before.

"Okay, well just get anything you want. I'll pay for everything." I didn't argue with him. I figured if he was gonna pay that was fine since, he had taken me hostage and all.

"I have to pee," I told him.

"U, okay, there's a bathroom in the store. Come on." He put his hand on my back and led into the store. He pointed out the bathroom and I went to it. SInce I really did have to pee, i went and got my phone out. I called Niall,

"Oh god, thank god you called me," he answered. "Are you okay? Has he hurt you? Where are you?" He threw all these questions at me.

"Ni-" he interrupted me.

"You're okay right? You're safe?"

"Niall, I'm fine!" I yell-whispered, since I didn't want Dallas to know I was on the phone. "But I won't be home for a while. Actually, I might not be home ever," I said not sure if I would ever make it back. "Just promise me something."

"What do you mean you won't be back?"

"I mean just that. Promise me something."

"O-okay, what do you want me to promise?"

"I need you to promise you won't look for me, and that you'll tell the other boys good bye."

"What do you mean don't look for you? That's what we're doing now."

"Well don't okay? And tell the boys I said good bye."

"Ocea-" I cut him off.

"No, Niall. Tell them. I have to go now. Good bye Niall, be safe." I hung up and turned my phone off. I stuck it back in my waist band and took a few deep breaths. I splashed some cold water on my face. I left the bathroom and saw Dallas leaning against the wall. I walked over to him and le looked up at me. 

"Thought you'd run off. I was about to get real pissed."

"I wouldn't do that. You scare me too much," I said quietly.

"Sweetie, I'm not the one you need to be scared of. That's Styles you need to be scared of. But that's because you haven't been around us to see how we work."

"Oh."

"Come on you have to get clothes and then we have to get groceries." I nodded and let him lead me to clothes. He took me to the girls section. And I have to admit there was cute clothes. "Pick whatever you want. I have plenty of money so go crazy."

We spent about two hours getting clothes, underware and bras, and a few pairs of shoes. He paid for it all, with cash. The fuck he got all that cash for? He's probably a drug dealer or something. Which scared me. Who was I going to be spending all my time with now? I didn't even think about trying to get away, they'd probably just kill me if I did.

We got to the car and he drove off to get groceries he said. We sat there in silence, listening to the radio. I didn't want to say anything wrong, because in the middle of shopping he got a call and he's been different ever since. He looks really angry and pissed and looks like he wants to kill someone.

"A-are you o-okay?" I aske quietly, not wanting to make him angry.

"Don't. Speak. Just shut up and sit there until we get back to the house. Got it, " he said coldly, his jaw set in anger. I sank back in my seat and looked out the window for the rest of the ride. He pulled up to Wal-Mart and said, "Don't get out, don't move. Stay in the car, or so help you."

I nodded and kept looking out the window. He walked into the store and I turned up the radio. I changed the station and instantly recognized the song. It brought back memories. So many memories.

"Hey mom!" I yelled running through the house. She had just gotten home from a week long trip with her work.

"Hey Jada babe!" I hugged her tightly and she kissed my head.

"I missed you."

"Oh, baby, I missed you too. Hey I got you something," she said and got out her bag. She pulled out a necklace and handed it to me. "I saw it and thought of you. I had to get. Do you like it?" She asked.

"I love it," I told her looking at it. It was a diamond necklace with a long chain.

"I got more charms to go on it whenever you get tired of that one," she handed me a little box with about ten more charms to go it.

"Thank you, mom." I hugged her.

"You're welcome. Alright come on. Let's go out to eat."

"Okay," I linked arms with her and we walked down to the park where there was this cute little restaurant. We walked in and this song was playing. Mom and I started to sing along with it, not caring that the people were staring at us. We laughed and ate some food and laughed some more. I'll never forget this.

My hand went to my neck where I still wore the necklace. God that day meant so much to me. Tears were rolling down my face as I remembered that day. It was one of the best days I've ever, she was my best friend and I missed her like crazy.

I was still crying when Dallas came back out with a cart full of grocery bags. After I remembered that day all these other memories came back. And then the tears just came.

"Woah, woah, are you okay?" Dallas asked.

"Why do you care?"

"I-, uhh,...."