Chapter 12 - Parties over

Charlies' POV:

Shortly after dropping Mazie and Ellie off at home we arrive back at my place. By this time, I've really started to sober up. I think seeing the fight between Zay and his so-called friend Luke was enough to make that happen.

"Thanks for driving us and for looking out for us." Shay smiles at Zay from the backseat before jumping out and making her way inside.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask looking across at Zay.

"Do you want me to?" He questions with an unsure tone in his voice.

"I do." I nod

"Yeah, it's probably best if we talk."

We make our way inside quietly; Mom and dad are already in bed asleep as it's now 2 AM. Once we reach my room, I grab some clean pajamas from the draw.

"I'll just take a quick shower." I inform Zay and head into the bathroom.

I take a quick shower and walk back into the room with a fresh towel for Zay. "You can shower if you want?"

"Thanks." He takes the towel from me and heads to the bathroom.

Once he's done, he enters the room once again in only his boxer shorts and his chain still hanging around his neck. God his body does things to me.

Sitting up I bite down on my bottom lip my eyes slowly moving from his abs to his face.

"Are you done checking me out?" He laughs as he flops, sitting next to me.

"Sorry." I giggle softly. "I just really like your tattoos." I shrug.

"I didn't say I mind." He shoots a wink causing me to giggle.

"I'm really sorry about tonight." He sighs. "I didn't mean to scare you." He moves his eyes from the floor back to me "You know I'd never hurt you right?"

"I know." I nod "And I'm sorry I reacted that way back at the party, you were just defending me and-"

"I should have known better, you've been with someone who put his hands on you, you don't need to see me acting that way in front of you" He interrupts.

"You didn't do anything wrong, any protective man would have done the same." I shrug. "I uh, I have to ask though. The pills?"

"He wasn't lying." He shakes his head "I did take pills with him."

"Did?" I question "As in you don't anymore?"

"I haven't touched one since the day before I met you." He sighs "Look Charlie I can't tell you I'm a wonderful person because I'm not. I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of, and I think it's best you know everything upfront before this, whatever this is going on between us gets too deep."

"Okay." I nod in agreeance. "Tell me your worst and I'll tell you mine, when we're finished we'll decide what to do from then?"

"Sounds good." He nods "As you know I came back to Springs because my dad and I aren't on the best of terms. When I first arrived back the only person I knew was Jordan who you met tonight, Jordan and I have been friends for a long time. He used to live in East Cliff but moved here with his older brother Luke, who you also met tonight."

"Jord assured me if I got myself here his brother would be able to hook me up with a job. That job was dealing drugs." He sighs "I've been running in a small gang for the last six months and I'm not proud of it but I needed the money." He sighs once more.