Chapter 65

There he was working at his table before I said, "Good evening," I entered.

He looked somewhat shocked to see me arriving here. He smiled cunning at me. "Oh to my surprise to actually see you visiting me for a long time..... and not a coincidence...," he said in an odd way as I was questioning myself.

I then smile back, awkwardly, and pull out a mooncake. "For you," I said.

He smiled wider and said, "Oh is there a particular why?"

My eyebrows crinkle downwards and I replied, "No, just because it's mid-autumn day?"

"Oh, have you forgotten...," he said as a long silence came over and he had a dying smile.

"Hmm?" I said and looked at him blankly.

He then accepted the gift and said, "Thank you." as if ignoring my response. "I also got you a gift. Lin...," he ordered Lin to receive it.

Soon enough, Lin brought a tray of dessert. She set it down on the table as I asked, "What is it?" I looked at it as it was cut in a rectangular shape and was jelly-like, and also had a translucent yellow color with tiny white chunks in it.

Before Lin could speak, the 3rd Prince answered, "It's water chestnuts cake."

"Oh, I never had one?" I said.

"Oh, I see...." he said as his eyes trailed which was awfully suspicious to me. "Have a try." he suggested and I took a bite of it.

"Hmm?" I nod my head in agreement. It was soft and sweet, but not too much. "It's not bad," I said. He smiled at me and tried to create a conversation, "So..." I brought my right knee up to my chest and leaned on it as I tried to think of what to do and slightly tapped my chin with my pointer finger. "Oh, would you like to play a game?"

He smiled and said, "And what's that?" He leaned forward to me.
Ugh

"First of all, let's break this weird creep vibe you keep giving to me. Sorry but.." I could no longer stand his mask. "*sigh* .... be yourself," I hesitated but continued. "I won't judge you for who you are." Then he did a very short and quick snort.

"Alright," he said seriously.

I looked at him and said, "Okay, let's shake on it." I pull my hand out and he grabs mine.

"So let's play the game 'would you rather'," I said and sat comfortably.

"What's that?" he asked.

"It's a game in which I create two scenarios and you have to choose one. Then when it's mine turn, you create two scenarios," I was explaining as he was nodding along.

"Okay, would you rather be a king, but alone or being free with people you care about, but poor?"

He then answered without hesitating, "A king and alone."

"What! Why?" I objected.

"At least I know that people see how important I am and with tons of women wanting me," he answered back.

"So you would rather be locked up in this palace with no one?" I ask again.

He smiled and said, "I'm the king. I can have anyone I want."

"Yeah, but is it love?" I said as he was silent.

"Would you rather marry a prince who has everything or a person who everyone calls unless." He ignored my response again.

"Hmm," I slowly tap my chin. "I think I will choose a person who everyone calls unless."

"Tsk, how ironic" he lingered.

My forehead creased with my eyebrows crinkled inwards and said, "What do you mean ironic?"

He was silent and said, "Ain't it your turn."

I narrowed my eyes at him and moved on.
"Okay, would you rather have tiny feet or tiny hands?"

"Ooo, now that's kind of tricky," he said as his expression was showing that he was thinking about it. "I think I would choose tiny feet so I can cover it up with shoes." He answered.

"Oh, smart." I said and nodded my head.

"Umm, would you rather be a giant that everyone is scared of or be a tiny person like a bug that everyone picks on you?" He asked.

"Hmmm?" I thought. "I think I would be a tiny person," I said.

"But everyone picks on you and steps on you," he said.

"Well, if I was a giant everyone would hear me and run away and hide. Also, I feel like I will be lonely. However, if people pick on me, no one will see me when I'm tiny and will implant my crap in their food." I said childishly.

"Wow" he cracks up.

"Yeah yeah." I gave him a stingy look. "Okay, would you rather have no knees or no elbows?" I ask.

"I think I would choose no elbows, so I still can sit down," he said as we continued on playing that game and we seemed to get a bit closer to each other. Until the evening comes and we have to get ready for the Mid- Autumn ceremony. I said my goodbyes and headed out.

Once we stepped out of his court, I said, "That was fun today." I was smiling.

Lin was silent as something was in her mind, so I stopped and squinted at her. "What's on your mind?" I ask.

Lin opened her mouth, "My lady, don't you remember your own favorite food. The water chestnut cake? And also today is when you and the third Prince met at a young age."

"Wait, what?" I said, confused. "Umm, tell me more...." I said, becoming more aggravated and looking at her deeply.

Which startled Lin a bit and said, " my lady, how can you forget? You two were lovers." As my entire body froze.