Chapter 18

"Man, this is gym class all over again" I was complaining while the guard gave me an odd look.

I use my hands to fan myself down, but the guard urges me to continue on.

"Yeah yeah," I said not caring and waving my hand to tell him to "go away".

Okay, come on Jasmine. Let's go
I started running once again.

There I soon see the wooden cartage slowing down as it reaches its destination while I ran beside it. Lin saw me and hurry towards me while I was panting like a mad dog. She helps me wipe my sweat off and then I began to cough dryly. I tried to smooth my throat with my saliva while it clears up theses dried lump in my throat. Everyone slowly got off the cartage and looking at me with disgust as I return it back. The last one out was the 4th prince, but I was to busy fanning myself. He then looked at me and I gave the look to "lead the way" in a sassy way.

The temple was by a river that the villagers live by and tons of fishermen fishing.
Hmmm, now I want some fish especially the ones that mom-... .makes.
As I stare at the ground.
I wonder how are they?

"Come, my lady" Lin said and directs me as I snap out and nodded my head.

We enter as I just followed what they did. Soon we finish and was heading back to the palace, they enter the cartage and glare at me. I was rolling my eyes at them when they weren't looking. They once again left me behind with the guard, but this time Lin was with me. We started off walking, but something caught my eyes. I see a fish market and went to look at it.

"Umm, Concubine Liling-" as the guard tried to redirect me.

"Hold on. one second. " I said to the guard and was busy looking at the stalls.

"Come on, my lady or you will get yelled at " said Lin.

I did a short exhale and said, " Fine."

Soon I thought about stir fry fish mix with green onion, yellow onion, and cilantro; it was was a simple dish, but the best dish that mom made.

"My lady, are you okay?" Lin said concern as I nod my head with a forced smile.

We finally arrive back to the palace's main gateway, they arrive there first and already departed for the cartage and went inside. We made our way to the gate. Before I enter the palace, I stop and turn to the guard.

"Thank you," I said genuine and went into the palace.

Lin and I made our way to see how Mei Mei was doing, but once we pass the Consort Qingyuan' court. "Concubine Liling, come here," said Consort Qingyuan. As she was with the rest of the concubines.
Great.
I pull up a fake smile and step into her court.

"How can I help you consort Qingyuan," I said humbly as I was clenching my tongue.

Consort Qingyuan was standing by a small yet deep pond. I reach to her while Lin followed behind me; then Lin moved to the side of me. I then show an unpleasant smile to the Consort.
"I would like for you to have my precious hairpin as treaty offering for us to start over and become allies," she said. She then grabs my hand and was slowly placing the hairpin in my hands but then. . ..

At that moment, two hands shoved me as my body went forward. There I see the Consort step aside and smiling while she retracts her hairpin as my body stumbles into the pond like the speed of lighting.

*Splash*

I couldn't see anything, but blurry figures up above as water was constantly covering my head. I was in panic mode from the unexpected push and couldn't calm down. I was squirming in the water like a cat taking a bath; however, my actions were actually dragging me down into the water more. I wanted to scream for "help", but the funny thing no matter how much I open my mouth, there was no sound coming out as if I have lost my voice. Why can't I scream!
HELP!
As my head was bobbing up and down and I constantly seeing light then complete darkness. I open mouth once again to scream for help, but this time water rushes in as I choked and shallow the dirty water. I was waving my hands trying grip onto something, but nothing. I move my leg violently trying to see if I can stand or even swim my way out, but nothing. However, I was going deeper into the water. There I realize someone was screaming for "help", but it was too late as I was sinking to the bottom and I completely lost concision.
H-help. . ..

Soon I find myself in this bright place with everything clean and spotless.
Where am I.....
I look around to find white curtains surrounding something. I walk towards the white curtains and push the curtains aside as my eyes widen. There I see a hospital bed with tubes connecting onto...... ME!

I see myself laying in the bed, unconscious not making any movements with a heart monitor beep over and over; I stand there watching myself. I then slowly walk towards myself and once I was about to reach out to touch myself, there came three people. I turn to see my parents and a doctor.

"I'm sorry, but your daughter in a coma. I'm not sure if she going to wake up anytime soon...." said the doctor and apologize once again.
While leaving my parents behind in the room as my mother starts to cry and soon they both were crying.

"Mom and dad, I'm right here. . . don't cry. . . .." I reach my hand towards them, but then my body was being pulled back.
Once again, I was yanked back into complete darkness. . . . ..