Chapter 20

I thought for a minute as I accept his request. I clear my throat and breathe in slowly.

"The sky is dark as if telling the world,
today is the last...
The rain pours down as if the sky is crying.
Sky, why are you crying?
Let there be a light to show the world,
there's a warmth to wrap you
as you let it all out.
Just wait. . . . wait...
For the days to come." I finish reciting the poem.

"It was a lovely" he replies soft and I smile in return.

Then the doors swing open and there I see more familiar faces.
"Greetings 1st and 5th prince," I said as they walk in.

"We like to join the party as well," said the 1st prince.

"Come and sit," I said and let them join us. Lin then set two more cups down and began to pour.

"Just one cup of tea. 5th prince doesn't like tea" the 1st prince tease the 5th prince.

"Yes, I do!" the 5th prince whine.

I smile and said, "try it if you like it or not," I handed him my cup. He grabs it and took a tiny sip and soon he crinkles his face and hands me back the cup.

"No?" I said smiling.

"No thanks. It tastes so bad," he complains and we all smile at him.

"What brings you two here?" I ask.

"We came to check on you," said the 5th prince.

"Well, I'm doing fairly well and I am recovering quickly," I said.

"That's good to hear," said the 1st Prince.

Soon enough, they all left for me to continue resting as it was only me and Lin in the room. I sat there still drinking tea as I spoke: "Lin, tell me what happen yesterday when I fell in the pond."

"Umm, well when you fell in the pond I started screaming for help and the 4th prince was passing by to hear the commotion as he rushes over to save you. He pulled you out of the water and lay you down. Then he started doing that thing you did to Mei Mei by pushing on your chest, but you didn't wake up so he. . . ki-ss you and then you woke up." she finished speaking as I was silent and imagining how it happened.

"Umm, thank you, Lin. You can leave now," I said somewhat astonish. She nods her head and left.

I then walk towards the window and open to see a broken twig on the ground, but my mind was already distracted.
How did he know how to do CPR? At this time, they probably didn't know about CPR.
As I was pondering.
Well, I guess I should rest so I can recover quickly.
I tried to push all my questions aside and went to bed. Most of the day, I rest and rest until I could no longer rest. It was nighttime and I was awake. There I was tapping against the wooden table looking from afar at the open window as the dim candle was flickering. Soon I began to play with the cup of tea.
*Sigh* I'm not tired.
I continue to stare at the window and play with the cup of tea.
Then a breeze came through the window and the doors open, I turn my head to see a tall and lean man with sharp eyes entering my room.

"What are you doing here?" I question lowly.

He took his seat beside me."Just came to check on you," he said.

"Well, I'm fine. You don't have to waste your time" I said coldly.

"Well, then I guess you're right," he said and poured himself a cup of tea.

There we sat in silences until I could no longer bear it.
"How did you know how to save me?" I question sharply.

He raises the cup of tea to his lip and set it down as if he had all day.
"By you," he replies simply.

"What? How?" I ask confused.

"When you previously save that maid. I watch every step you did," he said and continue to drink tea.

I was astonished for a bit and quickly snap out.
"Well, thank. . . you" I forcefully spoke out.

He didn't say anything and continue to sip his tea.
. . . . ..
As I was waiting for his reply.
Okay, don't say anything then.
I grid my teeth and held my temper.
"Is getting late, you should probably leave," I said somewhat upset. I got up and tried to lead him out, but he continues to sit there and drink tea. "Your highness, it's getting late and I'm tired. You should be leaving" I said once again.

He then finally got up and was leaving as he passing me, he accidentally brushes his icy hands against mines. At that moment, I recall that icy touch against my face.
"Wait," I stop him. "Were you here that night I fell in the pond?" I ask sharply, but he looked at me with his eyes telling me something and left the room.
"Hey, I just ask you a question!" I hollered, but he was long gone.
. . . this guy..... But I feel like I remember that icy touch before. . ..
I try to recall that night.
Was that a dream or not? Ugh . . .
I bang my head with my hand as I gave up.

Soon night pass as daytime arrive, I woke up fully recover. I then step out of the room, fully dress and ready for the day while Mei Mei and Lin were following behind me. As I was constantly walking around trying to think how to get back on Consort Qingyuan.
Hmmm. . .
While I was tapping on my chin and reach to a tiny pond in my courtyard to find corals swimming around.
Wow, look at the fishes. . .. wait, fish.
As I remember my mom's food.

"Lin" I suddenly ask.

"yes," she replies.