Chapter 60

I woke up from my head constantly pounding and to open my eyes to see the sunlight piercing through. My entire body was stressed from me pushing it to its limits. My ear twitches once I hear the doors open and lightly shut, footsteps creep closer to me. "Oh, my lady. You are up?" Lin said before setting a bowl down beside me. She sat down beside me. "I told you not to overwork yourself," Lin slightly scolded me, yet was completely worried about me.
"Yeah, I know but... last night?" I said unsure and tried to recall but nothing as it made my head hurt more. I groan and touch my forehead.
"Okay, don't think about it. Just drink your medicine and then rest." Lin said, nervous about my health.

Days soon flew by as I was in bed recovering, just sleeping all day. Then weeks passed by until it has been 2 entire months I stay in bed, for the first month I mostly slept and the second month Lin begged me to stay put and don't overwork my body which resulted in summer ending and fall beginning. My eyes opened to find my body fully recovered and I sat up and stretched my arms out with no more bandage on my neck. I got off the bed and walk to the window and open it. The sun was up in the sky and I took a deep breath in then exhaled. I noticed the tree's leaves were red, orange, yellow, and brown. Then the doors open and footsteps enter in.
"Good morning, my lady," Lin said as I smiled.
Soon enough, I was out the doors to fully see the tree losing its leaves little by little and to feel the autumn breeze.
"Come, Lin. Let's go see how the 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan doing? I haven't seen them for a long time now," I said before Lin quickly hurried behind me. As we were heading towards the 1st Prince's court. "Have you heard any news about the 1st Prince well being?" I ask Lin.
"Hmm, yes I heard that the 1st Prince had recovered last week," Lin answered. We were close to the 1st Prince's court and saw the 1st Prince and Princess Hua Lan walking out and.... holding hands. Awww.
"Never mind, let's leave these two alone to spend time together," I said and admire them as they slowly disappear together. "*sigh* What should I do today?" I said and then a little fuzzball entered my head. "Got it! Let's go!" I said excitedly and headed off, accidentally leaving Lin behind.
"Where, my lady. Wait for me." Lin said and tried her best to keep up my pace. Then I abruptly stop as Lin crashes in behind me.

"Wait, Lin, you have to promise to not tell anyone about this place or the 2nd Prince might be upset," I said and hope the 2nd Prince would be fine if I allow Lin to come with me? I'll tell him later...

I and Lin hurried to see Ben Ben, once we arrived there I broke into a smile and ran to that little fuzzball that was also running to me. I bent my knees and pet Ben Ben, and soon he rolled over to show his belly at me.
"Hello, Ben Ben. How are you today?" I said, smiling at him.

"Aww, what a cute dog," Lin said and bent down right beside me. Then Ben Ben got up and looked at Lin and sniffed her hand, he barked and stuck his tongue out while Lin reached over to pet his little head.

He then turned his head back and forth while lifting his head up like he was smelling something. He continues to sniff and follow the scent, completely ignoring us.

"What do you smell, Ben Ben?" I said and followed him.

"My lady!" Lin said and tried to keep up.