Chapter 34

"Where do you think you are going," He said as he pops out of nowhere in front of me and shoves me to the ground.

My whole body hit the ground with such strong force that I was gasping for air, "*cough cough*" I touch my chest in pain.
"YOU B*****! Playing that dirty little trick!" He said in anger. I look up to see him pointing his sword at me and then swing his sword upwards, and at that moment as I see the sword going down, I cover myself with my hands and shut my eyes. Then I heard a loud thud right beside me. I uncover myself and see blood splatter on my hand and clothes, but it wasn't my blood. I turn to the side to see the man in black on the ground right next to me, I notice he is not moving and blood dripping and wet dampness against his black clothes.

"Well, what is this beautiful young lady doing here?" said a familiar creepy voice that rings in my ears.

I look up to see the young man with a smirky smile and gleamy lustful eyes. My body still shaky, but I didn't want to stay with him either. I use my hand to push myself up and got up.

"Thank you, your highness. I don't know what would of happen if you didn't save me. I very much appreciate and gratitude. Thank you again." I said shaky and bow nicely to him.

"I should head back," I said uncomfortably.

"You are right. Go first," he said straightforwardly as I nod my head, but my gut feeling seems to give off a suspicious feeling towards the 3rd Prince like he is hiding something.

As I was walking back where everyone was, I look back to see him already gone.
Hmmm, something not right...

"Oh my lady, where have you been?" she said worriedly. "OH MY GOODNESS, what happen to you!" she said shock in horror as she and Mei Mei rush over to me once I appear back to the main court, covering in blood.

The palace was settled by the time I arrive back, all the princes except for the 5th and 3rd prince were reporting back to the emperor about the matter of what happened to the 5 men. All the guests had left the palace except for the princes, ministers, and generals who remain.

"YOUR NECK! What happen?" They said. Lin and Mei Mei was all up in front of me and not giving me any space to speak or breathe.

However, once the words "your neck" appear, all the pain from my neck and my whole body came to reality. I reach to my neck and touch it. Then I see fresh red blood on my fingertips and soon my body began to shake as all the memories of what just happened came rushing back. I was dead silent.

"My lady?" They said, trying to get me attention but I was lost in thoughts already.

    The Emperor! The 1st Prince!
My body jolted, "Is the emperor okay? Did anyone get hurt?" I said as I remember their safety.

I made my way into the main palace without waiting for Lin and Mei Mei to get an answer to my question. I walk into the palace to see everyone alright and 3 dead bodies that belong to the men in black clothing as a huge burden come off my shoulders and my heart slowly releases its tightness. They haven't noticed me and continue to talk with each other.
"We only caught 3 men, but once we ask who orders them, they kill themselves. We had lost 2 of them. Our apologies, your majesty." They said and all bow their head to the emperor. The emperor just nodded his head.

"No, there only one that escapes." I interrupted them.

They all turn and stare at me in shock to see my horror condition and me appearing out of the blue.

"OH, MY GOODNESS, WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU? CALL THE DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!" roar the Emperor and a guard hurry out.

"What do you mean only one escape?'" said one of the minster, trying to get information.

"Well, one of the last two had got me and almost killed me but lucky the 3rd prince save me. He should be outside of the palace down the dark pathway." I said.

"I'll go check." said the one of the general with some guards and left. There they began to discuss again as I stood there in silence.

    I'm tired and my body won't stop shaking.
I slowly breathe in and then out, trying to relax my body, but it didn't help at all. Soon enough, the general and the other guards come back with the dead body. They lay the dead body next to the rest. My body just wouldn't stop shaking and soon my eyesight became blurry. Then my body felt like it was slant, so I tried to fix myself but I lost balance and my body started to fall.

Then I felt a pair of arms catch me, it was warm hands, and help me back up.
"My lady, are you alright?" Mei Mei and Lin said and rush over to me.

I nod my head and realize who had caught me.
"Thank you, 2nd Prince," I said and try to walk on my own, but I almost fell over again.

"Come, I'll take you to your room," he said.

"That won't be necessary." said the 4th prince and butted in, pushing aside the 2nd prince and grab a hold of me.
His cold hands pull me to his chest. I was too shaky to bother saying anything.