Chapter 44

There, a woman screamed hysterically while our bodies were on top of each other and our eyes turning towards the door.

"You- you" stuttered Consort Qingyuan at the door with her eyes wide open and pointing at me as I quickly got off of him.

Finally, the 4th Prince broke the awkward silence, "What brings you here?" and wipe his face off from the remaining ink.

"Umm... I came here to bring you some tea, your highness," She said and grabbed the tray of tea from a maid and sent the maid off.

She walked in with the tray and gave me the evil eye before setting the teapot down. She poured tea into the cup. "Here you go, your highness." She said and tried to hand the tea to the 4th prince.
Great, I'm the third wheel. While I sigh and was totally bored.

The 4th Prince cleared his throat which drew my attention to him and he looked at me then to the cup.
What does he want?
My forehead crinkled as I looked at him.
"Go ahead and take the cup," he said.

"HUH!" Me and Consort Qingyuan said at the same time.

I point at myself and there Consort Qingyuan tries to speak, "But- but your highness"

He then cut her off, "I'm not thirsty" as he gave me the look to tell me to grab the cup.

I rolled my eyes,
Man, this guy is creating drama for me.
I reach for the teacup. Once I grabbed the cup, Consort didn't let it go so I tugged a little, but she didn't let go. I then tug once more before she let go and the hot tea splash all over me. My facial shows extreme pain and my skin burns as I quickly drop the cup and rub my skin.

"I'm so sorry, Concubine Liling," she acts innocent and I glare at her.

Then the 4th prince grabbed my arm, but this time it was gentle."Does it hurt?" He asked, looking at my arm.

"N-n" I was about to speak but there I noticed Consort Qingyuan's face was about to explore out of jealousy.

I then began to act as if I was dying, "Owww, it hurt soo much!" I was constantly leaning towards him.

"You may leave," he ordered Consort Qingyuan.

"But- your highness," she tried to talk but he didn't give her a chance.

"Leave." he said once more.

"hump'' she got up and stared at me as I smirked at her and raised my eyebrows at her. I saw her anger boiling as she was about to spill but then she saw the 4th prince's deadly eyes and quietly left.

The door shut and I pulled my arm away from him. "It's not that bad. Let go," I said and rub my arm to see it was bright red.

He was silent in an odd way because he just stared at my arm as I finally broke the silence, "I'm leaving." I got up and turned my back against him, but in the corner of my eyes, I saw him looking concerned.
I shrug off the feeling,
there's no way I saw him that cold heart jerk looking concerned.. ha yeah right.

I entered my room and applied cool medicine to ease the pain on my bright red arm. "Oww, it burns," I muttered to myself and blew on it to help cool.
I sigh, " I guess it's time for bed."

The next day, the sun had risen in the sky while I was still sleeping in bed with my light pink arm off the edge of the bed. I began to regain consciousness and began to move around in the bed; I slowly opened my eyes and pushed myself up in a sitting position. I stretch my arms in the arm and yawn heavily. The doors open and Lin enters the room.

"Good morning, my Lady," she said, coming towards me and helping me out of bed.

"Good...morning," I said, sleepy.

Hmmm?
"Lin, why hasn't the 4th prince called for me?" I ask.

"Umm, I'm not sure," she answered my question.

My excitement rose inside of me, "Wait does that mean I can do whatever I want today!" I clap my hands together and quickly ran out the door and smelled the fresh air.

However, it didn't last that long until I was completely bored with what to do. I'm underneath the gazebo with my head against the table.

"My Lady?" Lin called out as I sighed out of boredom.
Hmmm, what to do today? There's nothing to do... wait!..... I could do... that.... I guess...

My head got up and I asked, "Lin, do you want to play a game?"

"Umm, sure...," she said hesitantly.

I smile, "Okay, then let's play rock paper scissors."

"How do you play that?" She said, looking at me curiously.

"It's simple. You just have to learn the basics. Form your hand into a fist which resent a rock while an open hand is paper and the two fingers are scissor so paper beats rock, rock beats scissor and scissor beats paper. If both are similar then o redo." I finished the rules.

Lin nods, " Okay, it doesn't seem that hard...," She seems not that confident in herself.

"Okay ready?" I ask and she nods.

I put my fist out and moved it up and down, "Rock Paper Scissor!"

We both threw out paper and continued, " Rock Paper Scissor!"

I threw out a rock which she threw out a scissor, "YAY I won!"

Soon later I was surrounded by maids and guards as we were playing Rock Paper Scissor with anything that had value as we were gambling.

"Come on. Come come come!" I shout and raise my hands telling people to come. They moved closer into a circle, "I'll play all if someone can beat me," I bet and pushed all the goods that I won for before to the center, and looked around to find my match.

"I'll do it!" shout a guard as he raises his hand up.

The rest of the guards and maid moved out of the way so he could reach me. I lifted my arm and began to warm up my right hand, "Okay, let's begin. Out of three?"

He nodded in agreement and we both locked eyes and said, "Rock Paper Scissor!" I threw a scissor and he threw a rock. dang

"Zero to one," said someone keeping score.

I formed a fist, "Rock Paper Scissor!" I shout.

He threw paper while I threw a scissor, "One to one."

"Rock Paper Scissor!" we shout again.

We both threw rocks, "Aww....." people mumble.

"Rock Paper Scissor!" we shout.

I threw out paper while.... His hand was shaped like a rock.

"YAY!" I raised my hand up in the sky while people cheered loudly.

In the midst of the crowd, a voice spoke, "What are you guys doing?" We all stop and turn our attention to see the sweet 2nd prince at the back of the group of maids and guards.