31;

• Byul's POV •

"Anything?" Hoseok asked me, opening one eye and looking over to where I sat not too far away. He brought several people with him, all claiming to have connected with spirits in the past. They pushed all of my living room furniture out of the way so the five of them could sit in a circle, then they started chanting. Some of it I could understand, and some of it was in some language that I had never heard before. It probably would have given me the creeps if Taehyung hadn't been sitting in the middle of their circle, making ridiculous faces at them.

"He's still there." I said.

"I can feeeel the spirit leaving this place..." One of the women murmured.

"That, or you have indigestion." Taehyung snorted.

"Oh hush, Marry." Hoseok said to the women who had spoken. "Is he still making fun of us?"

Taehyung sat cross legged directly in front of Hoseok, mimicking the way his hands rested on his knees. "Oh hush, Marry. You don't know what you're talking about, I only brought you along to make this look more official, and now you're making us all look bad." Taehyung said in a high-pitched voice, which didn't make much sense because Hoseok had a somewhat deep voice himself.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Does he feel any different, at least?" Hoseok asked, and I looked at Taehyung.

"Well do you?" I asked.

"Is it possible for ghosts to get a headache?" Taehyung asked in return.

"I don't know, does your head hurt?" I sighed. When Taehyung nodded, I rolled my eyes. "Well there's your answer, then."

"I can't hear him, remember?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow at me irritably. I had actually been talking to Taehyung, but I could see how Hoseok got confused.

"He has a headache." I clarified.

"That could be because I can't stand him." Taehyung pointed out. (a/n: my vhope ship be sinking.)

"Oh, shut up." I said without thinking. I quickly had to explain that I didn't mean for the group to stop chanting, only for Taehyung to stop complaining.

It was long after midnight when Hoseok and his group of chanters gave up. He let them leave first, staying behind to help me move my sofa back into place.

"Is he in the room right now?" Hoseok asked, and I shook my head. Taehyung had followed Marry out, sticking his tongue out at her as she went on about how she had once single-handedly rid a house of a poltergeist.

"No, why?"

Hoseok shook his head. "I can't tell. It's just... strange that you're the only one who can. I mean, anyone can tell that he's here when he breaks things, but other than that..."

"Are you saying he's not real?" I asked, only slightly accusatory.

"Not at all. I'm just saying that the two of you have some kind of connection, and considering that the most this did was irritate him, I think his being here has something to do with that."

"There's no reason for us to have a 'connection' though." I ran a hand through my hair as I sat down on the sofa that was now in the right place on top of the rug.

"Then let me ask you something," Hoseok said as he sat next to me. "Do you believe in soulmates?"