29;

I ended up taking Jungkook inside, mostly so I could find him a clean shirt (I was fairly sure that I still had an old T-shirt I stole from Seokjin somewhere). He curled up on my couch with my bag of popcorn, still intoxicated, but it was wearing off slowly.

"Here." I held out Seokjin's shirt to him, and he took it after a moment. He still looked at me as though hoping that his eyes would set me on fire, but he also seemed significantly calmer.

"Thanks." He said as he pulled it on. "And sorry about your mat outside."

I shook my head. "It was ugly anyway." I sat next to him, careful to give him plenty of room. "Do you have someone you can call?" I asked again.

"No one I want to talk to." He grumbled. I wasn't sure why he wasn't more eager to leave, it wasn't like he wanted to be there with me either.

"What about Yoongi?" I asked.

"He blames me for trusting you." Jungkook shrugged. "Not to mention, I'm pissed he let me believe your stupid lie about knowing us in high school. I never would have fallen for it if he hadn't said he remembered too."

I winced. "I really–" I started, but he cut me off.

"I believe you. That you think you were doing what was best for Taehyung. But you didn't know him. We did. You're just some crazy stalker who now lives in his apartment."

I frowned. "So why are you still here, then? Eating my food, I might add."

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he ate another piece of popcorn. "I miss being here. And like I said, there isn't anyone I want to talk to right now, so why not be here?"

I took a deep breath. "Give me your phone." I held out my hand expectantly.

"No." Jungkook made a face at me.

"Now." I moved my hand closer. "I mean it."

Jungkook groaned. "Fiiine." He dug it out of his pocket and handed it over. He had thirty seven missed calls, most of them from Yoongi and Namjoon. Figuring that Jungkook sounded like he might go with Namjoon easier than Yoongi at the moment, I tried calling him first. When he didn't answer, I was left with no other choice.

Yoongi recognised my voice almost instantly, and I tried to stay calm as I explained the situation and told him the address.

"What is wrong with you?" Yoongi said when I was done. "His old apartment? Are you kidding me?" There was a click on the other side of the line, but I knew he'd come anyway. Yoongi might hate me, and he might be mad at Jungkook, but I knew he wouldn't leave him there.

I brought Jungkook some coffee as I waited for Yoongi to show up.

"You know, you really don't seem so bad. Which just makes this whole thing that much more confusing." Jungkook said, watching the steam. He seemed much more coherent now, which was a relief.

"I know. I wish I could explain, I would if I thought it would help. But I just hope you know that I really have done all of it for Taehyung."

Yoongi showed up not long after that, looking ready to murder someone– namely, me.

"I warned you. I told you to stay away from him, and you used him to steal Taehyung's music." Yoongi jabbed a finger at you when you opened the door. "You're a sociopath. And I swear, you're going to regret–"

To my surprise, Jungkook stepped in between the two of us. "Let it go, Yoongi." He sighed.

"What?" Yoongi blinked at him.

"I don't know what her problem is, but she's..." He looked over his shoulder at me, his face unreadable. "She thinks she did what was right. And maybe... maybe she is. In a way."

"What did you do, drug him?" Yoongi leaned around Jungkook to glare at me.

"Taehyung wanted his music to be heard. It was never about the fame, or even his name being attached to the music. You know that." Yoongi narrowed his eyes at Jungkook, and I couldn't believe this was happening. Jungkook really was too sweet to be going through all of this. "It shouldn't have been done like this. But maybe it's good that it's out there, for people to enjoy. That's what he always dreamed of, right?" I took a step into the hall with them, to see Jungkook give Yoongi a slight smile.

"Jungkook." Yoongi started.

"There's no undoing it." Jungkook shrugged. "Might as well accept it."