19;

"Where the hell have you been, you can't just disappear like that..." A strangely familiar voice said, but I couldn't quite place where I had heard it before. 

I turned to see a man wearing a leather jacket, approaching, his hair bleached and dyed a mint green.

"That's Yoongi. If you knew Jungkook in high school, you would have known him too." Taehyung said helpfully. The name seemed familiar as well, but I didn't have time to think too much about it.

"Yoongi, look who I ran into. She went to high school with us, remember her?" Jungkook didn't sound entirely convinced as he said the words, as though he was waiting for Yoongi to tell him that I was lying. 

Yoongi's eyes traveled to mine, and I hoped he wasn't going to press the matter. 

No one could remember everyone they went to high school with, it was entirely possible for me to be telling the truth. Yoongi's eyes narrowed for a fraction of a second, but then he smiled.

"Of course I remember, how could I forget?" Yoongi said, and it was my turn to be confused.

"Shit, he knows you're lying." Taehyung said, and I spared a glance at him. "It might be a good idea to leave now."

"I think we ate lunch together a few times." Jungkook continued, as though he were expecting a different response.

"Of course we did, don't tell me you forgot?" Yoongi laughed as he sat down between the two of us, putting an arm around both of my shoulders as he did so. 

"She was in my social studies class, I think we sat together?" Yoongi looked over to me, and I did my best to hide my panic.

"Yeah, you used to borrow my notes all the time." I said with a smile.

"This was a bad idea, now that I think about it." Taehyung said. "Then again, I didn't think Yoongi was going to be here so..."

"Right, how could I forget..." Jungkook looked down at his shoes with a frown, and Yoongi leaned sideways so only I could hear what he was about to say.

"I don't know what you're up to, but now really isn't the best time to fuck with Jungkook's head. He has enough going on– we all do."

I pulled away from Yoongi, his arm dropping from my shoulders. I could see the coldness in his eyes that had been masked seconds before.

"I'm not–" I started.

"Jungkook, will you excuse us for a second?" Yoongi said as he stood, his hand pulling on my arm as he did so.

"You should stay with Jungkook." Taehyung tried, sounding worried.

"What? Yeah, go ahead." Jungkook waved a hand. "I'd like a minute to myself anyway."

Despite Taehyung's protesting, I allowed Yoongi to lead me away from Jungkook.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, and I tried to gather my thoughts.

"What are you doing?" I countered. "Why did you lie to Jungkook? We didn't have social studies together."

"Why did you lie to him?" Yoongi folded his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't lie to him–" I started, but Yoongi interrupted.

"You don't remember me, do you?" He accused, leaning closer.

"Do you two know each other?" Taehyung asked, and I had to make a conscious effort not to look at him.

"We didn't go to high school together." Yoongi sighed, some of the tension dropping from his shoulders. "I know, because we went to middle school together."

I wracked my brain for a moment before my eyes widened. "You're that Yoongi?" I said incredulously. "You look..." I wasn't sure what the words were– good? taller? angrier?

The last time I had seen him, he was shorter than me and still had some baby fat in his cheeks.

He had been one of the sweetest kids I knew, and I was sad when I learned that I wouldn't be going to the same high school.

Now he was taller than me, and was all sharp jaw-line and tough exterior. (a/n: omg jawline)

"Different." I finally settled on, and Yoongi let out a slight laugh.

"Yeah, you too. Last I remember, you had Hello Kitty clips in your hair. But I don't think you're here to catch up. What do you want with Jungkook?"