7

I wait patiently as Alice unlocks the cuffs around my wrists and ankles. She looks so shaken, I feel sorry for her. "Where am I?" I question her
"Oh, um, in the basement of Prince Seth's castle."
I eye her suspiciously. When she is finally done, she escorts me to the door. Seth's castle is fairly large, but I am more accustomed to mine and would love to be back. It hasn't even crossed my mind, that someone might have been worried. I hope so or else I'll feel very worthless. "Hey, can I get a car to take me home?"
"Yes, princess." Alice replies
"Thank you."
There is no regard to the fact that my stomach has a gash that's still bleeding. Believe me, the pain is still there! The struggle is real.
When my car arrives, I get in and direct the driver to the hospital. Once there, photographers bombard the slick, black car, flash after flash, as I walk to the doors of the medical center, blind me. I step through the doors and immediately a nurse greets me with a wheel chair. I seat myself and am taken to a room where I am placed in a bed and given medication, and I black out.
Upon waking, I am greeted by the faces of King Garret and Queen Synthia. "Oh!" I exclaim as I reach for them. Immediately, I am jolted back to my previous position, from the pain shooting through my side and abdomen.
"Stay there and try not to move." Queen Synthia smiles at me, but the smile has great sadness in it.
"What's wrong?" I ask worried
"Seth's neck is slit and he is deceased." King Garret answers very coldly, barely glancing in my direction.
"He killed himself, right in front of me." I whimper to my lap, not wanting to meet the kings eyes. I fear his disapproval. "Oh, honey we know but, now there is not anyone left in line for the throne." Queen Synthia states in a hushed voice.
"Oh, no!" I start to panick, though there's nothing that I could do. The doctor walks in, changing the subject.
"Oh, I see your awake. Do you remember me?" The doctor asks
"No, I'm sorry."
" That's fine. The medication does that." she replies
"Okay." I state melodramatically
"Well, you did need stitches in your abdomen, but don't worry, your fetus is fine." The doctor informs me with a smile. I like her smile, it looks safe, so I smile back at her. The Queen interrupts with a squeal,"Wait, what?!"
"Uh, oh. I didn't tell you? must not have." I think to my self out loud, but then respond, " Yes, I'm sorry I hadn't informed you earlier. Kaleb and I found out the day before he, um.." I start to break down, remembering his death, hurts to much."Im pregnant with Kaleb's baby, and we were to tell you the day he was, murdered!" I burst into violent sobs. I forgot the doctor was even there, but I didn't care anymore. I mourned my soul mates death, loudly and gracelessly.