~24~

The next day, the Islanders won against Calgary but now we're on the road to Toronto. The trip has been tiring for everyone involved. The girls and the team alike. Mathew and I have been well, it's been 2 months since I first met him at that Starbucks in Long Island in October. December is fast approaching.

Tomorrow is the game against the Maple Leafs. Mathew has still not mentioned anything of a relationship for us but acts as if we're as close as ever.

 Mathew has still not mentioned anything of a relationship for us but acts as if we're as close as ever

Location: Toronto, ON

Lexicallahan

Toronto, you are so beautiful

Liked by: laurenlamp, barzal97, sophiabuck and 3,683 more

View all 50 comments

Sophiabuck: I miss you roomie! Come back!

Lexicallahan: @sophiabuck soon I will!
megdbailey: this picture is amazing!

Lexicallahan: @megdbailey thank Syd for that @sydneyeasion

Sydneyeasion: you're welcome!

Barzal97: Toronto AND you

Lexicallahan: @barzal97 shhhhh

Laurenlamp: ^^^ awwwwww

The game starts and Mat is starting. The Leafs put up a strong fight. But the boys fought back. The Isles come into the last 10 in the third period winning 1-0. Mat's had a few good chances to score this game but none have been successful. I can tell from my seat next to the girls that he's getting frustrated. He's working so hard. The all-star game is in a couple months and he's trying to get selected again.

With 6:39 left in the game, I'm on the edge of my seat. Praying for Mat to get a goal. My nerves are getting the best of me, my knee bouncing up and down. Megan puts her arm around my shoulders as I watch Mathew doing his best on the ice. "He'll do it, just wait." She whispers in my ear above the noise of the game.

Just then, the puck gets turned over from the Leafs and Mat picks it up, on a breakaway towards the net. Marner is right on his tail, using his stick to try and lift Mat's. Mat stows the puck between his legs and regathers it, away from Marner. He crashes the net and shoots it top right. It rings the crossbar before falling into the back of the net. Most of the crowd sinks back into their seat with one gigantic "aww" seeing as we are the opposing team. The girls and I stand and cheer loudly. Lauren hugging me tightly that Mat scored. I'm standing there, clapping for Mat's goal as he goes to the bench and bumps his glove against the rest of the guys.

The game ends in a 2-0 win for the boys. The girls and I go down to a room set aside for us to wait for the guys. One by one, they start to emerge from the locker room to hug their girls. Mat is one of the last ones to come in and he smiles at me from across the room, coming over to hug me. "I'm proud of you." I whisper in his ear. "Thank you." He says, hugging tightly. We all leave the room coupled up and walk with them to the bus. Before stepping on, Mat leans down to my ear and says "Meet me in the hotel lobby at 10. I want to go somewhere." I nod and smile at him in the now-falling snow. Canada has been bitterly cold but just tonight, it started to flurry.