~28~

The boys caught their own plane back to JFK and the girls and I all stuck together and met them there. From the airport, they rode the team bus back to the Coliseum and the girls and I shared cars. Just as we landed, Sophia had texted asking if I needed a ride home from there. Seeing as it was Saturday night and I didn't have classes again until Monday (only for a week before winter break), I told her Mat would take me home tomorrow.

Once back at the Coliseum, I make sure I have all my belongings and wait for Mat by his black Audi as he takes his hockey bag back inside the arena. He comes out a few minutes later, duffle bag over his shoulder and he unlocks the car. We load our stuff up and get in.

Once we arrive back at Mat's apartment, I leave my bag in his trunk, since it'll have to go back there tomorrow.

We curl up on his couch and watch movies until we both fall asleep there. The trip was exhausting especially for him. He played so hard and scored a few times.

The next day, I wake up in Mat's bed. He must've carried me here after I fell asleep last night. 

Location: Long Island, New York

Lexicallahan: back home at last!

Tagged: barzal97

Liked by barzal97, sophiabuck, titobeauvi91 and 8,583 more

View all 253 comments

Barzal97: joke's on you, I just needed a pillow

Coltoncally45: ok but you don't live in Long Island, loser. #roslynforever

Megdbailey: you two are the cutest

We spend the day at home until it gets late and Mat has to take me back to campus. I'm really dreading leaving him and though he's only an hour away, it feels like an eternity.