Chapter 29 // This isn't happening

Amber Heard as Amanda Puckett!

Please enjoy this chapter, it's one of my favorites :)

Alexis Romanos's Point of View

I stomped into the club's bathroom, pissed beyond what I had ever been. This couldn't be true. He has to be lying. 

But then why would he be kissing Amanda?  

I locked myself in the bathroom stall and sat on the toilet with the lid closed. I burried my face in my hands and rested my elbows on my knees. I stayed in there for a good hour just feeling sorry for myself. I hated feeling this weak. I waited as everybody left the bathroom before I unlocked the stall and walked out.

My hands gripped the edge of the table in the bathroom so hard that my fingers began to ache. I was leaning over slightly and breathing heavily as if I had just finished an amusement park ride, but I hadn't. Unless you consider the emotional roller coaster Anthony was putting me through then yeah, perhaps I did just finish a ride. 

I looked up and stared at my reflection. I shouldn't have come, I should have stayed home. My eyes were watering and I was desperately trying to fight back the tears.

I took slow deep breaths and closed my eyes, trying to calm my beating heart. 

It's okay Alexis. You don't need Anthony, you don't need Travis, you don't need anybody except for yourself. You're better than Amanda and Rita. You're more a person than those two could ever be combined. You're beautiful inside and out and you don't need Anthony to make you happy. You can do this. Now go show him what he's missing.

It was as if through my little pep talk I had found some new courage. I straightened my back, fluffed my hair and exited the bathroom making sure to give an extra sass to my walk. 

I made eye contact with Mindy at the bar and hurried over, pulling out some money to pay her for the two shots. 

"Sorry I left in a hurry," I said. "Here's the money."

"It's alright. It's a good thing you came back though. I thought you left and I was going to have to pay for your drinks otherwise my boss would be mad." she replied in a relieved tone.

"Sorry," I said. I gave her a small smile as she scurried off to help some new customers. 

Somebody tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around.

Leslie was wearing a cute swamp green halter dress that made her eyes pop. She also wore tall brown wedges and silver hoops. 

"Have you been avoiding me?" she questioned. 

"I..no," I said. 

"Yes you have. Did I do something wrong? Ever since the fair you've been acting all weird and not replying to any of my texts or calls." 

"There is nothing wrong," I said. 

"That's baloney and you know it." she said, anger weaving their way into her words. 

"Fine," I said. I couldn't lie to my best friend and it really did suck not being able to talk to her like normal. "Something did happen,".

Leslie raised a questioning eyebrow basically telling me to proceed. 

"Look. There isn't really an easy way to say this.." 

"Please just tell me." 

I took a deep breath and looked down at the ground. I heard somebody tap the microphone on the stage of the club twice.