Chapter 5 // Revenge

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

I rolled over in bed as I listened to the annoying noise that was coming from my alarm. I grunted as I got out of bed and unplugged my alarm clock. I was so tired from last night, replying to all the anonymous texts I was getting. 

Unknown Number1: 
Hey Hottie, I saw that pic. Wanna hang? 

Unknown Number2
Alexis Romanos- you're a bad girl. I like it. 

Unknown Number3:
I saw that pic Anthony posted. Damnnnnnnn.

And so on. They were all like this and there seemed to be at least fifty of them clogging up my messages. I sighed and hopped into the shower, trying to clear my mind. I got out of the shower and braided it down my back still soaking wet. I put on a plain red shirt that hugged my skin and a pair of boot cut jeans. I put on some flip flops and headed out. 

As I pulled up to the school, I instantly got nervous, watching crowds of people look up at me as I stepped out of my car. 

I scanned the crowd, looking for a familiar, friendly face but I found none. Suddenly, someone yanked my arm backwards and my back rammed into something hard. I looked up to see Daniel staring down at me with a slight amusement in his eyes.

"Anthony wishes to speak with you," he said.

"I'm sure he does, but I don't wish to speak with him," I said folding my arms. 

"I don't think you have a choise babe," I heard Anthony say from across the parking lot. He was carrying a bat. Oh no. 

He walked up to me and started swinging the bat back and forth with one hand while talking.

"Well Alexis, since you seemed to have been a naughty girl lately, I think you need to be punished," he said stroking his non-existent beard. By now, people had gathered around in a circle surrounded me, my car, Daniel, and one pissed of Anthony. 

"I didn't do anything wrong," I stated. 

"Oh so smashing someone else's laptop is not wrong?" he questioned raising an eyebrow. 

"And stalking your neighbor isn't wrong?" I asked. This earned me a few chuckles from the crowd. "What are you gonna do? Hit me with the bat? Go ahead. I'd love to see you in juve," I snapped.

Instead of relpying, Anthony swung the bat and smashed two of my car windows. 

"What the hell!" I shrieked. 

"Woah man," said Daniel. He let go of me and walked up to Anthony. "Put the bat down,". 

"Seriously man? You're defending her? I don't care if you have a little crush on the chick. She deserves this," he said. Wait, Daniel? Crush? On me? Anthony took another swing at my car, but Daniel swung his arm out blocking the bat. 

"Seriously dude don't wreck it. You're already going to be in a lot of trouble," said Daniel. 

As if it were planned, the principle and the school security guard stepped into the circle, fury in their faces. 

"Anthony Lopez! Put the bat down! Now!" barked the security guard. 

Anthony glared at me while dropping the bat on the ground. Daniel cautiously picked it up and backed away from him. If you could shoot lazers from your eyes, Daniel and I would both be disintegrated by now. 

As soon as Anthony was dragged away, I hurried over to the windows of my car. How was I going to get this fixed? Anthony was going to pay for this! 

I looked up to Daniel who was watching me curiously. 

"Thanks," I said. 

"Well I doubt he is ever going to forgive me now," said Daniel with a sigh. "But sorry about the windows. He just mostly got pissed because he had a lot of his... precious pictures on that laptop,". 

"Oh of family? I feel bad now," I said. 

"No, not family. Just pictures...Much like the one he posted on facebook of you," he said. Any guilt that I felt immediately was replaced with satisfaction at the fact that I had destroyed all pictures he had so that he could not embarass any other girl the way he embarassed me. 

Daniel scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"I bet she wanted Anthony to take the picture of her so that's why she was sticking her ass out," said one girl. I turned to face a tall brunette with long stalky legs and pimples on her chest. 

"Who the hell are you?" I snapped. 

She gave me a look of disgust and walked away. That's what I thought. I turned back to Daniel who seemed to be stifling a laugh. 

"Look I know some guys who could help you out with you car. They can do it quickly," he said.

"Thanks," I said. "How much do you think it will be?"

"I could get them to do it for free. Don't worry it's no big deal," he said with a slight smile. 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah it's fine. They owe me a favor anyways so it works out well," he replied. 

Out of nowhere, a fist came flying at Daniel's face sending him face first into my car. I looked to the side and saw Eric with flaring nostrels and furrowed eyebrows, breathing heavily in a fighting position. 

"What the-" said Daniel.

"Stop flirting with my girlfriend," interrupted Eric. 

By now the crowd had come back and everyone was watching Eric and Daniel like it was a movie. 

"I'm not flirting with your girlfriend," Daniel spat. "I'm helping her out with her car. You're not doing crap about it so I am,". 

"Oh shut up I don't want to hear it you cocky bastard," Eric argued. 

Daniel flung himself at Eric, tackling him to the ground. He gave him repeated punches despite my screams. Eric managed to slap Daniel across the face and flip over so now he was on top of Daniel. He started punching him so I wrapped my arms around Eric and yanked him backwards. Man he was strong. I yanked and tugged but barely got him far before Daniel threw him off, and punched him in the face. Thanks to my tight grip on Eric, he wasn't able to defend himself. I let go and stepped between the two boys. 

"Stop!" I yelled, putting my hands in front of me. Both boys lunged at eachother, and unfortunately for me, my petite figure was squished between the two and we all went tumbling to the ground- me in the middle of it all. I brought my hands up to cover my head as I tried to roll out but to no avail. I looked the side and saw some feet rush over to us. Suddenly the giant weight on my back was lifted and I could see Sean and a couple of other guys carrying Eric away. I looked down and saw Daniel staring up at me. 

"Well I knew you were attracted to me, I just didn't think you were the type to be on top. I always thought girls prefered to be beneath me," he smirked.

Seriously? I gave him a look of disbelief and lifted myself off of him. 

"You have a crazy boyfriend," he said looking at me. I ignored him and looked around me. I could see Eric being restrained on the other side of the circle and everybodys' eyes on me and Daniel. 

I walked up to Daniel, and did something I didn't think I was capable of. I raised my hand, and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. Daniel seemed shocked as he looked back at me, clutching the side of his face. 

That's it. It's only been twenty minutes and I'm already tired of school. I hopped into my car and drove off- two broken windows and all.