Chapter 20 // Taking a hit

Sorry I took so long to update. I didn't really know what to write! Please comment!

Alexis Romanos

I leaned against the side of Anthony's car and waited patiently for lacrosse tryouts to finish.

I saw all the boys huddled around the coach with their bags over the shoulders and their sticks and helmets in their hands.

"Same time tomorrow!" the coach yelled.

All the guys dispersed and I saw Anthony approach me with two other guys I hadn't seen before.

As they got closer, Anthony looked up and smiled.

"She's even hotter up close," one of the boys said from beside Anthony.

Anthony playfully punched him on the shoulder. "Watch it man," he chuckled.

"Hey," I said, crossing one leg over the other.

"Hey babe," said Anthony, leaning in to kiss me.

Right before our lips met I recoiled in disgust.

"You stink," I said, crinkling my nose.

"You're cruel," he replied shaking his head. "See ya later guys," Anthony said, waving to the boys by his side as they walked off.

"It's not that bad," he said looking at me.

"It's horrid," I said, leaning my head back.

"No it isn't," he said putting his bag on the ground.

"It's pretty bad," I replied.

"Nuh uh!" he whined.

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not,"

"It's repulsive! Get away from me,"

"No babe," he said inching towards me.

"Don't take a step closer," I warned.

He took another step towards me and shot me a cheeky smile.

"Anthony...."

He placed one arm beside me on his car window. I quickly glanced to my right at the space and made a run for it. He tried to grasp my wrist but I yanked it away and maneuvered through the parking lot sprinting. Cars honked as they tried to pull out and I waved my apologies but kept running. I came to a stop at one point next to a marroon volkswagon. I looked around me and didn't see him anywhere. Where was he? I escaped him!

I spoke too soon.

A sweaty smell wafted through my nose and I froze. Two hands came around from behind me and pulled me backwards into a hard chest.

I screamed at the top of my lungs but Anthony just squeezed me tighter.

"I don't stink that bad," Anthony exclaimed.

"Yes you do, ew yuck!" I screeched.

"Aw Alexis you're so cute!" he said in a baby voice, spinning me around. He held me tighter and snuggled my head into his chest.

"Anthony!" I whined hitting his chest.

He lowered his hand to my ass and I screeched.

"Paws off!" I yelled.

He gave my ass a tight squeeze and he laughed.

"I'm never letting go," he joked. I closed my eyes and laughed as he tickled me senseless.

Then he let go. I opened up my eyes and saw him on the ground next to me. Eric stood next to him breathing heavily.

"What the hell?" yelled Anthony. He quickly got up and tackled Eric to the ground.