mixed signals (ft. Jakes POV)

i sit on the edge of the huge bed in my room, i am so tired i just want to go to sleep but the maids insist that i get another bath to get off the perfumes and makeup, they said it would help me sleep better. well okay.

i no longer have a tight grip on reality since im so sleepy i just strip down naked shamelessly and ease down into the bath. i could care less who was there, i just wanted to go to bed. i play with my wet hair as it surrounds me.

"do i look like a mermaid?" i say to myself dillusionally.and then start to smile as i remember how smooth i was tonight. where did i even pull that out  of? oh well. it was cool!

i was soon done my bath and sat there wrapped in a humongous white towel not sleeping but very cozy, just calm and happy. my mind began to wonder.

once again i could feel the strong arms of Marc encircling me and his hot body. all of the sudden i remember Jake. oh shi.. man i completely forgot about him. I all of the sudden felt guilty as i reached up to take out my earrings. they were so beautiful. i placed them on my dresser and dropped my towel. the maids promptly slipped a silk shift over my head. it was cool and smelled faintly of flowers.

---------------------------------------------

*JAKES POV*

After Shane walked in on me and Rachels almost kiss, i got such a weird feeling. i mean of course i wanted to kiss her, but did i actually like her? hell no. i couldnt. right?

i dont know. i just needed some time alone. i went for a walk as she went back for dessert.

whenever i need to clear my head, i go somewhere where no one else is and just listen to my thoughts. it actually helps. i decided that the garden was a good place to start, it is a castle after all, the garden should be nice. i skip down the stairs and head over.

on my way to the garden i passed a girl, my usual type. "Hey." i couldnt help myself, she was hot. from what i could tell at least. it was pretty dark.

"Hey." she added in a sexy voice.

here we go i thought to myself "whats a girl like you doing out here alone?" i said

"i was just looking for someone. what about you... uhh.."

"Jake. i unterrupted and i was just going to check out the garden.. uhh..." i said mimicking her tone

"violet." she laughed lightly "well i guess we could go together!" i saw her check me out as she said this. SCORE.

"well lets go" i said checking her out in return.

we begin to walk and i forget why im even out here. you  wanna  race?!" i said turning on the carm.

she began to run before i could register what happened. oh shes good.

"you cheated!" i said as i ran after her. we wee now concealed by the trees all around us. she had stopped at a little trickling fountain ahead to catch her breath. "that was low" i said laughing.

"not lower than you trying to get me out here alone." she said.

what the...

"i know what kind of guy you are. you're all the same. oh well." she said as she drew closer to me. i was freaked out and turned on at the same time. what was this girls issue?

like she said "oh well" i approached her and we began to hungrily make out. both of us with our hands pushing the others body against ourselves harder. damn, this was intense. we both stopped simultaneously.

all at once i remembered Rachel. i swore under my breath and ran my fingers through my hair. "i cant do this."

she looked at me blankly and out of no where slapped me as she left with a very obvious attitude, my face still stinging from the blow.

and thats where i sat for the next, idont know, maybe fifteen minutes, maybe an hour, just thinking.

i felt so stupid for giving in so easily. i mean, i liked rachel but it was just too hard to like one girl. i wouldnt even know how that feels. i have never liked just one girl. ever. some people have a type, girl is mine.

i hear violets voice ringing what i think sounded like marcus, she must be looking for that prince. i scoffed.

seconds later, im not alone, i see two figures approaching, quickly, they were running, talk about deja vu. except these two actually looked happy and innocent. they stood there looking at eachother for a little bit, yuck.

is that.... "Rachel.." i whispered under my breath almost choking

the annoying mr prince man says something and she looks confused for a second before he pulls her into what looks to me like rape. no one touches my frien-.... after they break off, she kisses him back.... WHAT THE what WHAT! why! what!? i sat there absolutely dumbstruck and infuriated.i was about to go give this boy a peice of my mind when just as i move closer,cue Violet

what just happened.

my heart is in my stomach, my brain has obviously left me, my livers in my kidneys, everything is wrong! i was supposed to be her first real kiss!

they have since left but im still standing there. is that.. a tear..? what.. i dont know. this is stupid. shes my friend. but shes just a girl! why do i even care! i can have any girl i want! i walk out of the garden and into the open.

i see her. shes sitting by her window, she reaches up and removes her earrings.

the pearl ones. the ones i gave her.

i see something on her face. it looks like a tear. she wipes it away, smiles and dissappears.

what is going on...