squeaky clean.. :)

Yay for quick update, im going to try updating quicker but with shorter chapters if thats okay with you guys :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I didn’t know how to react to everything; First of all, I’m not dead. Well, I think I’m not. Secondly, how the heck did I get here? And third, why was Marc holding my hand like this? Also, why did it feel so right?

I can’t stop staring at his peaceful face as he sleeps. I cannot explain the feeling that comes over me when I feel his hand in mine. It is as if his warmth and care is an IV running straight to my heart and saving my life. Warmth emanates from him to me. I feel a fluttering in my chest as I look at our fingers and how they fit perfectly. Never before in my life have I not questioned everything about a situation. But right here, right now, I question nothing and feel everything.

This moment right here is pure and simple beauty.

Not long after, his eyes slowly open. I quickly pretend to be asleep. I feel him softly stroke the hair out of my face and a quick shallow breath escapes my mouth. He took it right out of me. I open my eyes into his green ones; he examines my face for any emotion and then gives me a soft reassuring smile. “You’re awake.” He said happily.

“Yes, what happened?” I reply a little weaker than I intended to.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it. You’re okay now, that’s all that matters. I’ll be back later, you need to rest.” And with that he was gone.

A nurse came in literally seconds later; she had on red lipstick and a simple dress. She told me the whole story of how marc had saved me and had been sleeping outside of my door. And as it turns out, I’ve been in the hospital for almost a week and every single night he would sneak in and hold my hand as I slept.

“Not that I got any of this first hand” she said in her cute accent “it’s just talk around town, he would never speak of this if he really did it, he’s not the type to brag about what he does. He is a very amiable man, miss.”

They fed me some sort of gelatin and soup. Not much substance but I guess my stomach was too weak for real food right now.

The nurse stayed with me throughout the day, she spoke extensively on all things circulating around town, I didn’t say much but it was nice to have someone to talk to that wasn’t a guy.

She caught me off gaurd by asking me about my hair, I then realized that I most likely have not bathed in a while.

“Do you want me to bring a tub in here and draw you a bath? We just got this new soap that smells of flowers and it would just work wonders for you. I think some warm water would do you good.”

“Yes please.” I answered happily. I can’t wait to get a bath.

She filled the tub with sweet smelling potions and warm water, helped me out of my gown and into the bath.

“Well miss, if that will be all, I’ll be back to check on you in half an hour, enjoy your bath!” she chirped.

I started to feel like myself again, the warm water went straight to my brain and made me feel exceedingly happy. I started laughing, a clear sincere laugh. I was happy.

I splashed around a little which caused some water to spill over the side, okay, a good amount of water. Oh well! I’ll get it later. The door opened not long after and in walked Marc unsuspecting.

“Don’t look!” I yelled.                                                           

He quickly moved and his foot went into the soapy water I had just spilled.  He slipped around for a minute trying to regain his balance. But it was no use, he was going down. I went to help him up but then I remembered that I was in the bath tub, taking a bath. Great. I slipped back in the tub, causing more soapy water to spill over the side.

 He was still trying to get up but there was so much soapy water surrounding him that he just looked like a drunken puppy. We both began to laugh so hard that neither of us could breathe. How ridiculous we must both look right now. Good thing no one is here to see this.

Just after I thought that, the nurse opens the door and her jaw falls open. “What on earth is going on here?” she said stifling laughter. “Alright, YOU OUT. She said to the prince. And YOU let’s get you cleaned up. What a mess the both of you are.”

Well, not exactly the relaxing bath I had in mind.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope you liked it, thanks for reading!