final author's note

Some of you have probably already deleted this from your library so you won't see it, but oh well; what can you do?

I honestly don't even know where to begin with this note, which is probably one of the reasons that it's taken me so long to actually write it.

I suppose the first thing I should really say is thank you to every single person who wasted some of their time reading this story. When I first came up with the idea for SoulMates I never for a second believed that it would get the kind of response that it did; I thought that people would think the idea was either too cliched or too out there, or that they wouldn't like the way I wrote. I expected a lot of things but I didn't expect there to be such an overwhelmingly positive response to an idea that I came up with when I was day dreaming one day in my bedroom.

Don't get me wrong, I know that this story is no where near 'popular' or 'famous' or anything like that, but this is the most attention any of my writing has ever gotten and therefore this is the biggest thing I've ever done. As I'm writing this SoulMates has nearly 35,000 reads which isn't really a lot within the 5SOS writing community on Wattpad but it is a hell of a lot to me, especially when I didn't think it was going to get any more than maybe 1000 reads at best. Even though I never got into double or single digits, it was still one of the most amazing feelings to get ranked in both categories that this story was placed in; even more so when I know how difficult it is to make it onto those lists, let alone be in there for a couple of weeks at a time.

At the moment I'm kind of rambling because to be completely honest with you all I'm still kind of in shock. I was trying to say thank you though, so I'll try to stick to that now.

Thank you to every single person who opened up this book. Thank you to those of you who read each and every part. Thank you to the people who consistently voted for it. Thank you to the people who commented on each chapter or took time out to send me a message on tumblr about your thoughts or how much you liked the story. All of those things made me so unbelievably happy, and it made me want to write this story so much more knowing that you guys liked it and that you were just as excited about it as I was. 

Even though they won't see it, I want to say thank you to Mollie and Bec. Mollie because I pestered her endlessly about it; constantly asking for her opinion about characters or about the plot point, pretty much anything you can think of I asked Mollie about it. And Bec because she was basically like a focus group for me, without her input and support the story wouldn't have ended up the way it did.

I honestly feel like I'm making a bigger deal of this than I should be, so I'm done with the sappy stuff now.

Where do we go from here? (p.s. that was song lyrics and I thought it would be cooler than it actually was, so please ignore me.)

1. I don't know how many of you are Italian, if any of you are Italian, but brika_bambaudo has asked permission to translate SoulMates into Italian. So far the prologue has been posted, and I've included the link in the external link section if any of you are interested.

2. SoulMates has been nominated for Best 5 Seconds of Summer and Best Plot in the Underdog Edition of this years 5SOS Watty Awards being hosted on the account The5SOSWattyAwards. It would really mean a lot to me if you could go to the links that I've put on my page and vote for SoulMates in both those categories, but of course it's in no way necessary. EDIT: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ANYONE WHO VOTED BECAUSE SOULMATES ACTUALLY WON IN BOTH CATEGORIES THAT IT WAS NOMINATED!

3. Shameless self promotion - I have a bunch of other stories on my profile that are completed and I'd love if you could check those out.

4. Shameless self promotion pt. 2 - I've got three stories that should be becoming active in the near future and it would also mean a lot to me if you could get behind those stories.

5. Shameless self promotion pt. 3 - I make 5SOS AU memes on tumblr (the link is in my bio) and some of you guys might like those.

That's about all from me, if you've read all the way down to this point I truly salute you because I probably wouldn't have. Thanks for sticking around, through the story and this long ass author's note, and I guess I'll see you around.

Ciao guys, thanks for everything.