two - office

URIAH SAUNDERS WALTER hates being unfocused.

It's ironic though, because in his situation since he's always so easily distracted by everything and anything. Once something original comes into mind, he gets excited about it. He starts getting motivated to bring that idea to life, but eventually, it diminishes as another as creative thought pops up. And just like that, the cycle repeats. And repeats.

Maybe that's the reason why he appreciates his personal assistant a lot.

"So, what you're saying is . . ." Piper trails off, manicured fingers curled around the black pen and hand resting over the notepad she always stuffs in the pocket of her skirt. "You want to cut off our deal with the Hamilton's'?"

He purses his lips, shaking his leg that's crossed above his other knee. "Is that a bad idea?"

She raises an eyebrow. "You tell me, boss."

Sighing deeply, his leg stops shaking and leans his head back onto his sleek, black ergonomic chair. "I just thought that it'd be a good decision to focus on other bigger deals, but I'm guessing that the Hamilton's are really that much of an important partner?"

"Mhm. We can benefit a lot of investments from this deal when you actually think about it."

"But I already called them, and cut off our deal."

She sighs, rubbing her forehead. "I'll handle that. Just hope they're willing to take it again. Besides, don't you think the more the merrier?"

"In certain occasions."

"Did you forget that it's already the first day of December?" she says, ignoring what he said and stares at him expectantly. "You know . . . the month of Christmas? It's a prosperous time."

He scoffs lightly. Piper's right, and she knows it. Her opinions have always been right, which is why she's the perfect assistant for Uriah. Whenever he's struggling with making a big decision—which happens a lot—he asks for her suggestion. And every time he does, he never regrets it.

Instead of replying to her question, he murmurs, "It's definitely good to be back."

Knowing that he's being sarcastic, she rolls her eyes. "Deal with it."

With a sardonic smile, Uriah leans forward, props his elbows on top of his transparent, glassy desk and sets his chin on the top of his crossed fingers. "And it's definitely good have you as my PA this year again. Oh, how I missed your kindness—"

"Cut the crap, Uriah," she cuts off with a hint of smile, not even bothering to address him as Mr. Walter anymore. "Just because we're best friends doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you at work."

"I'll be looking forward to that, Ms. Chow. And also, how's the progress of the interns? Anyone messing up yet?"

"Dude, chill. The interns just arrived two or three hours ago. Pretty sure they haven't."

He hums, nodding. "I suppose Belle's being the good supervisor she always is. Anyway, time to get back to work."

Piper stands up on her feet and pats down the back of her skirt. She shoves the notepad into the pocket, and holds the pen in her hand. "You're welcome, by the way."

Uriah huffs out a chuckle as he watches her saunter out of the door.

           ❄            ❄            ❄

A freaking pencil skirt.

Who knew that Louise, the one person who wishes to be big someday in the business world, would have an intense dislike for pencil skirts.