sixth - splattered

SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD Uriah Walter was considered popular back in Ridgewood High.

He played football for his school, and was the quarterback. His team won almost all of the games, and he left quite an impression on both students from Ridgewood and his rivals. The fact that he's outstandingly attractive doesn't even help with his rising reputation. That's what he was known for; extraordinary sporty skills and good looks. But what he wasn't really known for was his effortlessly quick wit and knowledge.

That is, until he met Louise Santiago.

          ❄           ❄           ❄

FIVE YEARS AGO – RIDGEWOOD HIGH

Uriah stepped into his homeroom with confidence and a smug smile as he caught sight of some of his friends, who were standing on the other side of the room where their usual seats were.

One of his friend nodded his head towards him as an acknowledgment, and he gave the gesture back. He ignored the feeling of people—most of them were girls—staring at him, and kept swaggering ahead.

All of a sudden, he heard his best friend, Isaac, shout his name behind him. He then abruptly stopped in his tracks, and quickly spun around on his heels. Instead of being greeted by Isaac, he collided with someone else with a shorter frame and felt hot liquid crash onto his chest, traveling down his shirt. He gave out a sharp exhale of pain, and tipped his head down to glare at the victim.

Gasps were emitted from the audience, and slowly, everyone's eyes were on them. As for Uriah, his own were on a girl whose eyes were staring up at him with dark, doe eyes. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and looked as if she was angry, but at the same time, wasn't sure whether she had the right to be or not.

Uriah instantly stepped away from her to avoid getting more hot liquid on him. And that was when he could really look down at her. Her light purple blouse had brown colored stains just like him, and a little on her floral skirt as well. He looked at his clothes, and realized that his pants had gotten wet too. He smelled like hot chocolate everywhere.

Making eye contact with her again, he scoffed in disbelief. "Can you look where the hell you're going? Are you freaking blind?"

She blinked, and suddenly, her features turned cold. She straightened her back, and looked back at him dead in the eye. "Listen, this isn't only my fault—"

"Yes, it is," he cut her off harshly, defending himself. He reminded himself that whether she was a girl—a gorgeous one, might he add—or not, he had to argue back. He couldn't back down. Not in front of all these people. "It was your dumbass hot chocolate that was dumped all over me in the first place." He even pointed at the half empty cup in her hand.

She sent him a look of disbelief, and quipped, "It was your dumbass body that was dumped all over me in the first place."

The crowd let out a few "Oooh's", and not gonna lie, that slightly discouraged Uriah. He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "That makes no sen—"

"I can't believe you're making such a huge deal out of this," she interrupted incredulously after gaping. "I got hot chocolate all over me too, right? But am I acting like a drama queen? No."

He clenched his teeth, ignoring the looks Isaac was giving him at his side. His blood was rushing in anger, and he couldn't let her go that easily. She's pissed him off in every way, and had never been treated this way in school before. And to call him 'ignorant'? Exactly who did she think she was? "This wouldn't have even happened if you opened your fucking eyes and watched your way so don't act like I'm the ignorant one."