fourth - accident

WHEN IT COMES to Alison Sanchez, Uriah doesn't know whether he wants to hug her or choke-slam her.

The latter seems a little tempting at the moment.

"If you're just going to glare at me like that for the whole afternoon, I might as well leave now," he says monotonously, his gaze matching with the girl who has her eyes slightly narrowed and arms crossed over her chest. "I have work to do."

Her nose wrinkles before she leans forward, propping her forearms on the red, round table that belongs to the infamous Chinese restaurant, North Dragon. "So I've heard. You've been busy with your interns lately, am I right?"

He resists the urge to roll his eyes. Ever since Alison texted him to go out for lunch with her about an hour ago, he knew this was going to be about Louise. Especially after yesterday when they both had eye contact across the lobby, and an unspoken conversation that didn't mean a happy reunion at all.

They've always been enemies since high school, and it looks like it'll continue to stay that way.

"Look, if this is about Louise—"

"Of course, this is about Louise," Alison interjects in disbelief. "Why else would I ask you to meet up for lunch?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe you've finally gotten over your pride and realized how in love you were with me back then and now?" he counters, raising his eyebrows challengingly as if he's waiting for a debate to happen.

She fakes a smile, and it sends small shivers down his spine, because he knows what's coming. Alison may not be as quick and sharp as Louise when arguing, but it's enough to leave a tiny mark. "Until I realized how much of a fucking dickhead you are, and a total waste of my time."

He crosses his arms, clenching his jaw. "Then why are you still here?"

"I wouldn't be here in the first if it weren't for Louise. Trust me." She heaves a sigh. "Did you guys talk about the past? You know, the relationship or anything."

"That's none of your business."

"It is. I'll tell you everything once you answer my questions."

"Why—?"

"Damn it, Uriah. Just—"

"Yes," he answers, cutting her off. "Or at least, I did. But I think she didn't want to remember it so she was acting like she never even knew me." He tilts his head to the side in thought. "Which is weird, because I've never imagined her as an actress before."

She nods slowly, biting her lip.

Raising an eyebrow, he asks, "Why?"

"The thing is . . ." she trails off, finally meeting his gaze. Seriousness is written all over her face, and honestly, he doesn't know what to expect next. She's usually predictable, but if something can get her this serious, then it must be really important. "She's not pretending. She really can't remember."

A crease forms in between his eyebrows, and he leans in closer as if he didn't hear her right. "What?"

"She's an amnesiac, Uriah," she elaborates, watching him warily. "Three years ago, she got into an accident and lost her memory."

His body turns rigid as soon as he hears the word 'accident'. The word rings in his ears repeatedly. Accident. Accident. A tragic memory strikes him in the head, but it's not about Louise at all.

He sees two tall figures, a male and female. A carefree man who lived to make the best of what life had to offer with its blessings and curses along with a fearless smile, and an inspiring woman who loved to show the universe her beautiful thoughts by letting her strong, steady hand take over and paint.