The Dream.

When most people die, they dream of laying in a field, or being on the beach. Me? I was in nothing.

Something they call blandness, I was somewhere in between life and death but not dead. I was feeling myself fading, I couldn't remember who I was or where I was or why I felt like my heart was broken.
I lay there in the non-existent black waiting. Waiting for light, or answers to who I was, where I was.

I saw a light, a tiny light that flickered. I moved towards it, reaching out closing in, but not yet grabbing it. Once I closed my hand around it, it lit up the dark. A star.

My very own star and I remembered letting go, wanting to be a star. And now I had my very own.

~*~*~*~*~
Standing next to the light blue casket, I stared down out her pale body. Her lifeless body was almost perfect, had it not been for the fact she was dead.

I looked around and watched their tears slide down their faces, and it hit me. She was gone, Tinsley was just gone. I felt my heart shatter and then I saw a light.

I shot up in bed, and realized it was just a dream. I shook my head and took in my surroundings, I could hear machines beeping and someone breathing. I turned my head and Tinsley came into my view and everything came back to me.

I had gotten to her in time but she was in a coma, she took a blow to the head and lost a lot of blood do to the cuts on her arms. I never even tried to ask her about the bruises on her body I had been noticing. It was too late, they didn't find the person responsible for her injuries so I stuck to her in case they showed.

"Dex you need to go home." A girls voice softly said. I looked up and seen Emerson standing in the door way.

I just shook my head. "Dex.. I... I know who's responsible for this." She whispered. I snapped my head towards her and she was looking at the ground.

"Who?" I demanded. "You have to promise me when she wakes up to give her space okay?" I shook my head yes.

"Sit down this is a long story, his name is Maddox Henley. She met him at a party three years ago, he took a liking to her and began courting her." She laughed.
"We thought he was just the cutest thing. So they dated, two years in he began to get violent, hitting her, making her miss school. It got so bad I had to step in." She was crying now.

"I went over to her house one day to see her, if you don't know already, her parents were never present in her life so she lived alone and Maddox moved in. I knew he went to work or drink or whatever he did, so I used my spare key and went in. The sight was just horrible, everything was broken." She sobbed.

"I called out for her and got no response, so I went upstairs and I found her... I.. I.. I found her in the middle of her room. The sight was just horrible, she was bruised badly, and her arms and back were all cut open. Oh my god there was so much blood." She stopped and took calming breaths.

"I called the cops but they never found him. He just vanished, so once she was better I moved her away. I helped her come back after she slipped into depression. Dex go to the police and tell them to find the son of a bitch, I've almost lost my bestfriend twice now because of him." She glared.

I nodded and let everything sink in, god she had it rough and I thought my life sucked. I knew what I had to do.
I was going to find him myself.