Chapter Twenty Eight

Friday
5:15 P.M

She's biting her lip and shifting from side to side, I've never seen her like this. 

"Vanessa? Aren't you Wade's-"

"Yes, ex, I'm Wade's ex, can I come in?" She asks anxiously.

"Of course!" I reply a bit too friendly. Why was she acting like this? I close the door quickly behind her and follow her to the couch. She watches my movements carefully. Now I'm starting to get anxious. "Can I get you something to dri-" 

"Drink? We don't have time for that Peter. Sit down." She commands. I'm taken by surprise, this was obviously very serious. Despite this being my home, I sit down anyways. If Wade still trusts her, I suppose I could too.

"What is it Vanessa?" I ask worriedly. 

"Wade! He's such a dumbass, such a fucking dumbass!" She blurts, throwing clenched fists into the air. I raise an eyebrow. What has he done now?

"W-what's going on Vanessa?" I ask and then clear my throat to hide my worry. 

"He-he fucking came over and now he's gone and he's gonna die-he's gonna die Peter!" She grasps some hair into her hands and bites her lip, looking down at the ground. 

"Calm down Vanessa," I scoot closer to her and grab one of her wrists gently. "Take deep breaths, it's gonna be okay." I say, despite the growing worry I felt. 

What is he doing? Why was he at Vanessa's? How is he gonna die?

I swallow and look at her, she pulls her hand out of my grip and crosses her arms.

"I'm sorry Peter. I didn't know who else to turn to." She says. I nod slowly and relax my body a bit, though my mind isn't so relaxed. I tried to ignore my blood rushing and my heart racing. I was worried for him. I shouldn't be... but I am.

"What happened Vanessa?" I ask, though I worry it might've been too demanding. Either way, it was the quickest way to figuring out what happened to Wade.

"Wade. He went on a suicide mission- literally! He's on a plane and there are these chemicals that can kill him-" She's talking fast now, "-and he came to my house to tell me to tell you something but I forget what but it doesn't matter because he's gone and he's seriously going to hurt himself and I can't just let that be something I could prevent so I came to you and-" 

"Wade's gonna kill himself?" I ask quietly. I let out a shaky breath. A suicide mission?

"No! Well...no! Of course not. It's just, he doesn't care that the chemicals can kill him if he gets too close." She says worriedly, breathing heavily now. Before I can speak, or even gather my thoughts, she turns to me and grasps my arms. "Peter you have to go after him!" 

I swallow and meet her eyes. "Go after him?" 

"Don't play dumb, I know you're Spiderman." She says in what would be a casual tone despite the panic in her voice. Once again I have no time to process that she knows. "I don't know anybody else and you-you're a superhero or something and you have webs and you know how to fight and surely you've been through worse-"

"Vanessa, you're rambling." I interrupt. I hold her hand, now. "I'll do it." I say, not even acknowledging the words that just came out of my mouth. Was I really going to chase after him after everything that happened? 

I mean, he's Wade, of course you are. Right?

She raises an eyebrow. "But but he said-"

"I'll do it Vanessa." I say and furrow my brow. Just the thought of Wade sends shivers down my spine. He shot me... but it's his life on the line. 

"Okay," She reaches in her pocket and pulls out a folded sheet of paper. "I have the coordinates, he should be here." She says pointing to an area on the paper-a map-not too far from here. 

I nod and stand up quickly, planning to get my suit on and say bye to MJ. 

"Peter." Vanessa says as I'm practically running to my room. I stop and peek around the corner. 

"Yes?"

"Thank you." She says genuinely, then stands up and runs shaky fingers through her hair. "I must be going. But tell me how it goes. I believe in you, Peter." She says and starts to the door. I yell a quick thank you before she closes the door behind her. Once I finish gathering my scattered papers and telling MJ it was just the pizza guy, I get into my suit and put on my mask.

Time to save Wade Wilson.

Friday
5:31 P.M

"One-o-three North, fifty two East," I mumble to myself as I swing through the city. The cold seeping through my suit and pricking my skin. It was now the middle of fall, and it was getting too cold for my liking, but that was the least of my problems. I stop on a roof and check the map, seeing the path of the airplane. I search the sky for it.

It would be flying right over here about now...

I jump off the roof as I spot it, only a bit too far to the right.

I try to catch up to it and swing from building to building. How the hell am I going to get up there? Will my webs be strong enough?

Finally, when I'm on the tallest building close to the airplane, I lift my arm up and prepare to shoot. But I hesitate.

What if I freak out seeing Wade? What if the chemicals had already killed him once I get up there? I can't see a dead Wade right in front of me! Are superheros supposed to have these kinds of thoughts?

I shake my head and drop my arm.

"I can't do this... I can't do this!"

I clear my throat and watch the airplane.

"Come on Peter!" I scold myself.

I bite my lip and close my eyes. If I don't do this, who will?

Finally, once the airplane is hovering directly over me, I shoot.

How to kill Peter Parkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें