Chapter Ten

Sunday
5:43 P.M

"Where you headed to Pete?" Aunt May asks me as I walk out of the bathroom in a tuxedo.

"Um," I force the blush out of my cheeks, "Just a date thingy, I guess."

Why are you blushing?! He's a creep, remember?!

"Okay, tell me how it goes." She smiles and kisses me on the forehead. I smile and make a few last adjustments to my outfit, and head out.

Sunday
5:54 P.M

"Welcome to Yummo's. Do you have a reservation?" A french man at the front desk asks.

"Um yes, for Wilson?" 

"Ah, Wilson." He says, making it sound like "Wheel-son". I just smile politely as he points me to the table. I look over to see a table for two, set at the far back of the restaurant. I make my way past the neatly set tables. 

"Dang Pete, you really got dressed up for this occasion." Wade comments as I sit down across from him. 

"So did you, I can see." I replied, gesturing towards his tuxedo that he has on as well. He just shot me a crooked smile as the waitress appeared to order us drinks.

"I'll take an ice cold beer. Bud lite. And you Pete?" Wade asks.

Dang, he's being awfully nice... for Wade.

"I'll just have a water, thank you." I reply. She nods her head and makes her way to the kitchen. Now it's just me and Wade. 

"So baby boy, what's up?" Wade asks, putting his palms under his chin and leaning forwards like he's interested. 

Is he?

That's not the main focus here, Peter. I remind myself, we need to figure out if this is Deadpool or not. 

"Uhm, nothing much I guess," I say then nervously laugh, putting my pointer finger under the top of my tux and lifting it up out of anxiety. 

Or is it getting hot in here?

"Awe, you're cute when you're nervous." Wade says. I look away to try and hide the blush, but it's obvious Wade can see it. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Wade's face shift into a less flirty and more concerned one. But only for a split second. I look back at him and raise an eyebrow, but his face goes right back to the traditional smirk. 

"So uh... how did you know my Uncle Ben?" I asked. His face changed once again, this time as if he wasn't prepared for a question like this. But once again, it goes right back to normal as he speaks again.

"We used to be business partners..." He said quietly.

"Uh-huh. And what job was that?" I asked. 

"We were uh, you know, in the... police force together." Wade said, scratching the back of his head. 

Uncle Ben did work in the police force.

"Oh. Okay." I said. I'm not entirely sure I believe him, but I'll just leave the subject at that for now. 

"My turn. How do you know Spiderman?" He asked. My eyes widened. 

"Um, I just you know, take pictures for him that's all. We're good buddies actually." I said. He nodded and didn't say anything.

Cheeks red and ears hot, I tell Wade I'm gonna use the restroom and get up. He just stares at me as I leave the table.

Sunday
6:12 P.M
Wade's POV

[He's getting up for the bathroom, now's your chance! You brought that gun for a reason, Wade.]

{Actually, he's kinda cute. Maybe we should fuck him first. Just imagine how hot-}