Chapter Twenty Six

Friday
6:27 P.M

I finally realized, Wade had helped me actually. He got my mind off the pain of Aunt May. He helped me with the stress of being gone for 3 months. I was actually happy. 

You know, besides the fact he shot me.

I run my fingers through my hair and drop my keys on the coffee table. I look around, no sign of Wade. I let out a sigh and look around, just to make sure he wasn't here for some reason. Even deep down I knew he was gone, I could feel it. I make my way to my kitchen, turning on the sink for a glass of tap water. I glance to my right to see Wade's cookies. I put my glass on the counter and grab the bag of cookies. I throw them away.

The memory of the couple days we had spent together is something I don't need right now.

I clear my throat and drink my water.

Friday
7:39 P.M

I look in the mirror to see a numb, confused, lonely boy. I lift up my shirt to look at the scar for the 50th time tonight. Although there's still a small line going through it representing stitches taken in and out, it seems ever so slightly healed since the last time I really examined it. I guess my healing factor is kicking in, and who knows how long it'll be before this scar is completely healed.

Could I ever forgive this?

I let go of my shirt and walk out of the bathroom, making my way to the kitchen.

"What to eat, what to eat?" I mumble to myself, looking through the cabinets, finding nothing but the ingredients me and Wade had used for the cookies. I sigh and slam all my cabinets shut, deciding to order pizza, shutting my phone off and tossing it on the couch. I sit down next to it, resting my elbows on my knees, my fingers interlocking with my hair. 

"Of all people it had to be-?" I cut myself off, trying to slow my racing heart. Why him? Why the only person in my life I had left? 

I lift my head up and look around as if for the first time, as if I hadn't seen this apartment before. Maybe I hadn't taken the whole thing into view yet. I purse my lips with thought of hanging out with Wade, instead of getting adjusted to my apartment.

I hear the doorbell ring.

I begin walking but I'm caught in my tracks. 

Wade shot me in the same scenario... 

The doorbell rings again.

"No no no Wade go away." I say under my breath, backing up from the door a little bit. I can smell the pizza from here.

It's not Wade, it's not Wade, it's not Wade.

I let out a long breath, close my eyes, and within a couple of seconds I snap out of my trance. I open my eyes and hesitantly walk up to the door.

It's not Wade, it can't be. You told him never to come back.

I continue up to the door, finally making my way to it. I slowly move my eye up to the little peek-hole to make sure it's not Wade...

It's not Wade. I think to myself, sighing in relief once I see a black haired girl with multiple piercings and tattoos, chewing bubble gum loudly.

She rings the door again.

Oh, right.

I open the door.

Friday
8:03 P.M

"Deadpool? You're not the pizza-" BANG!

...

"Peter please... I shouldn't have..." 

The scene keeps replaying in my head. I bite back the tears.

If I would've just made the connection sooner, Wade wouldn't have shot me, knowing I was Spiderman, and this all could've been avoided.

I purse my lips and jump out the window, in my spidey-suit of course. I swing through the city, eventually perching on the top of a water tower, overlooking the city for the first time in a while. I sit down and try to relax, pulling my mask off my head and taking a breath. 

I rest my right elbow on my leg, enjoying the breeze. 

Could I forgive this?

The question keeps repeating in my head. 

Suddenly, my spidey sense goes off, and my eyes dart down, looking for its origin. Quickly, I find the source. 

Deadpool is running, katanas out, down the street. 

What the hell?

I lower myself as he comes closer, clinging to the side of the water-tower, just peeking over enough for me to see him. He doesn't seem to notice me. I watch his figure get closer, then pass me, continuing through an alleyway. Then I see why he's running- he's chasing a guy in a black cape, who has one sword out. 

"Come here you little piece of shit! Mama's gonna knock you out!" Deadpool taunts. The other person runs faster at this, and Deadpool throws one of his katanas. It whizzes past the other person's face, planting into the ground. Deadpool picks it up as he's running, and they go out of sight. 

Should I follow them?

I do. I jump off the water-tower and stick a web to the side of a tall building, then swing behind them. They stop at a dead end, Deadpool cornering the other person. I land on a low building above them, observing.

Deadpool pulls out a katana, and I prepare myself for blood and guts. Deadpool stabs a piece of fabric from the guy's hood into the brick wall, and the other guy is out of breath, looking terrified from just body language. 

Deadpool punches the person. Then he punches the person again. And again. And again. He continues, showing no sign of stopping, powered by something I've never seen come from the mercenary. 

Deadpool lets out an angry shriek as he punches the person, one more time. Then he rips off the mask of the guy and throws it to the ground, revealing many bruises, a bloody (and probably broken) nose, purple lips, and an unconscious face.

Deadpool pulls out his pistol. 

BANG!

All I can think about is that night, 3 months ago. 

BANG!

Was he using the same gun?!

BANG!

At this point, I can't tell whether this is in my head, or real life. I stumble backwards, legs shaking, breath out of control. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! 

I feel dizzy, and something rings in my head. 

"Peter please I'm sorry-" I hear Wade's voice cry. Wade? Is he here?

Somewhere, I fall to the ground, my hands pressing against the sides of my head. 

Eventually, I recoil back into reality. I notice the half-crescent moon shining down on me. I notice the late night buzz of cars. I notice the cold breeze of night. Then I notice something... off. 

There's a figure standing up here with me.