1.AMeetingOfStrangers

Virgil's (pov)

I was walking through the halls of our school. I've never liked school there are to many... humans. I know that may seem hypocritical coming from a human but I'm not a human. I'm a freak of nature. There's only one good thing about school "Virgie!" Speak of the angel. Patton comes bounding up to me. Patton has been my best friend since forever. He has blonde brown hair, always wears a smile, has too many freckles for his own good and round glasses that enhanced his bright blue eyes. As always he was wearing his usual outfit with the cat hoodie he so loved. I turn around and give him a small nod the headphones on my head clear but I pull them round my neck so I can hear him. "How's your day been kiddo?" Ah yes kiddo he thinks I'm his son which I honestly don't mind. "Being as its nine am and I'm not dead. Pretty good. What about you pops?" He smiles wider as a faint pink dusts his cheeks "I talked to Roman." I roll my eyes as he begins to ramble all about Roman the popular theatre jock who's openly gay. Patton is also openly gay while I'm still closeted. I get bullied enough. Me and Patton walk into our form room and sit at the back of class in our usual seats. The teacher claps and everyone's head snapped forward to the teacher a boy I don't recognise next to her. He wears a black polo, blue tie, smart black jeans and formal type shoes. His hair is pitch black and eyes a piecing blue covered by bulky nerdy type glasses which highlight his strong jawline and porcelain skin. I have one thing to say. Boi is he hot! "Class we have a new student joining us. If you would like to introduce yourself." The teacher motions towards the hot nerd who is holding a neutral expression. "Salutations. My name is Logan Berry. Pleased to make your aquantince." God he talks formally. It's kinda cute. Whispers spread instantly throughout the classroom. "If you would like to sit next to Virgil." I slowly raise my hand and Logan walks over to me and sits in the desk beside me. "Greetings." He holds out his hand "Sup." I shake his hand and looks at me confused before letting go "Sup? What do you mean sup?" I chuckle slightly before realising he's not joking "Seriously?" I ask "Of course I'm serious. Serious people wear neckties. Necktie." He says pointing to it. I bite back a full on laugh at that "Oh ok. It means hello." He nods thoughtfully "Thank you." With that he turns to a book that he gets from his bag. You really are a weird human.

Lunch comes by quicker than expected. Patton heads to the theatre room whilst I head to my usual spot at the back of the school. The school however, crappy at times has a beautiful old tree at the back that I sit under to listen to music. But when I got there it was occupied. Logan was there reading a book under my tree. I walk over and waved slightly. He doesn't look up though. I place my hand on his shoulder and his arm snaps up around my wrist with a strong grip. He looks up at me "Apologies!" He says letting go of me "Reflexes are a hassle sometimes." I shake my head slightly "It's fine. It's just I sit here everyday." He gives a small nod "Understood. I'll move." He goes to get up but I stop him "You can stay if you'd like. Company never hurt anyone." He looks slightly taken aback "I have no objections to that." I smile and sit down next to him. "Virgil correct?" I nod pulling out my headphones "Well Virgil I hope we can be friends." I smile at him "Same to you." He continues reading his book as I listen to my music. Maybe all humans aren't that bad.