Chapter Thirty Seven

After Namjoon and Emma almost threw up after opening the expired orange juice, Namjoon was at a loss. How good of a babysitter was he if he couldn't even feed Emma? He sighed and looked at the mansion placed beside his small, two-story house. "Why don't we go over to your place and get you dressed and get some food? Do you think your mom has food for you?"

Emma shrugged, back to her quiet ways as she peered at the limited selection in his fridge. She wondered if he ever finished his drinks.

"Alright," Namjoon stated, standing from his crouched position. "I'm going to put your pajamas in the dryer, so it'll be nice and dry for you later. Wait here." Namjoon turned and Emma watched him bound up his stairs and come back down before he turned the corner by the stairs and went off into the hallway. When he came back, Emma noticed he had shoes on, and his hair wasn't a mess like it had been. Something jingled in his pocket when he walked. Keys.

"We'll go over to your house and if there's nothing to eat there, I'll take you to get something. Does that sound like a good plan?" Namjoon asked. Once again, he waited for her nod of approval before he gestured to the door. "Well, let's go."

Namjoon grabbed a few things before he left, like his wallet and phone. The two then set off, but as soon as he locked his front door, he looked down to see Emma's bare feet. He frowned. "Do you want me to carry you? I don't want your feet to hurt."

Emma didn't answer, so Namjoon bent down and hoisted her into the air. He heard little giggles escape her as he carried her down the sidewalk and when he sat her down on the welcome doormat of her house, he noticed a grin on her face. "Does she keep a spare key around here-"

"Namjoon, let me help," a familiar voice called from behind him. Namjoon turned and saw Hoseok bounding up the walkway to Emma's house. Hoseok pushed past the two and grabbed a key from his pocket. "I was coming in to get Emma to bring her to you," he explained as he unlocked the door. The large door was pushed open and an alarm started blaring. Hoseok quickly stepped inside and pushed in a code to make the alarm go quiet. He finally turned to the two after everything was silent. "Why do you have her already?"

"Did her mom send you to get her?" Namjoon asked instead, stepping into the home after Emma.

Hoseok looked confused. "No. I just figured I'd get her. Why?"

A tight-lipped frown formed on Namjoon's face, sending chills down Hoseok's spine.

---