Chapter Twenty Two ~

man you guys got your hopes up

---

"Wait, is that little Emma hiding under that hat?" the male grinned bending down to peer at the child better.

Namjoon felt Emma step back a little bit, her heels going back onto his own feet. He remembered how Hoseok once told him that children were good judges of character, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

"Don't hide from me," the male chuckled. He then straightened up and looked at Namjoon. "And who might you be?"

Namjoon swallowed. "Uh, Kim Namjoon."

The male stayed quiet until he drew his hand out of his pocket and stuck it towards Namjoon for a handshake. "I don't believe I know you," the male remarked, shaking Namjoon's clammy hand when he accepted. "I'm Park Jimin." The two drew apart and the raven-haired male ran his hand over his pants, probably wiping off the sweat.

Namjoon still felt Emma's heels on top of his toes and he wondered why she made such an action.

"I have a question, though," Jimin stated, looking down at Emma once again.

"Yeah?" Namjoon bit his lip, hoping it wouldn't be some awkward question like 'How old are you?' But that wouldn't make sense if he already knew Emma. He would surely know that he wasn't the father.

"What are you doing with my girlfriend's daughter?" Jimin raised an eyebrow, a suspicious look pinned onto his face.

Oh. It's that question.

---