Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I listened carefully for anything: shouts, cheers, or just the flapping of capes. It was probably 20 minutes since Eren and Mikasa were saved. They were probably being heroes, capturing flags and chasing people down while I'm just being a lazy butt. But I can't help it since there isn't anything for me to do while in jail. There isn't anyone watching - That's right! I can just escape because no one will know. I come up with the best stupid ideas ever because I could have done this 20 minutes earlier.

Propping my head up high, I marched out of jail with a proud smile. As soon as I had one foot out of jail, I heard a voice saying, "Where do you think you're going?"

Immediately recognizing it, I called out, "Escaping from jail, Jean."

Jean emerged from the tree's branches and jumped down, using his 3D Maneuver Gear for support. He approached where I was standing and advised, "You know you can't do that. That's breaking the rules."

"Do you think I care? What fun is it, sitting around in jail while doing nothing? It's our break day and I played this game to have fun," I replied, ignoring his comments.

He glared at me for a couple moments until he made a swift move towards me, trying to pull off my cape.

I merely stepped back inside jail, dodging his attack while mocking him, saying, "Is that all you've got? I guess not taking combat training made an impact after all. How do I know that? Well, I've got my sources. Anyway, I don't think someone already out can get out again. Even if you pull off my cape, I'll just continue until yours is pulled off. It's your choice if you're going to follow the rules and go to jail after you lose your cape."

"Like h*ll I'm going to let you disrupt the game!" Jean yelled while charging at me.

I shot upwards with my gear and stated, "This game is all in good fun, right? There's no need to take this so seriously."

Before Jean could say something back, another voice joined. "Ria! Are you in jail? I'm coming!"

Seeing this, Jean smirked and stepped back into the shadows of the trees with a murderous look. Was he going to murder the tree? No, that wouldn't make sense... he was going to try and get Sasha out!

"S-sasha! Don't come yet!" I frantically shouted while making an "X" with my arms.

"Don't worry, I'm coming!" Sasha assured while gliding towards me with that silly smile of hers.

"No! There's something here!" I warned, making random hand gestures.

Sasha waved back while saying, "You found something! It's okay, I won't see it if it's a secret! Did you find food?"

It's useless... I can't communicate with her. I could only watch again, like last time as Jean popped out of nowhere with his eyes on her cape. However, Jean had some leaves, branches, and other random sh*t on his hair and body that made him look like an interesting, abstract work of art. Sasha noticed this so she screamed, "Monster! This must be the thing Ria found!" In the process of all the hectic craziness, she kicked Jean and accidentally pulled his cape off while trying to reach a berry on his back. Jean clumsily fell down and was now a heap of nature or something. Sasha landed on his back and mumbled with all the berries in her mouth, "You found this monster?"

I was getting kind of worried that she didn't notice him yet but went with the flow and said, "Yeah... Um, can I get out of jail now?"

Jean grunted and shook a lot of the stuff off, including Sasha, and muttered, "Why would this happen to me?"