✨Chapter Five✨

Edited 4/21/20

Kyle's POV

Ever since Erik told me to stay away from Devyn—that she is broken and guarded—I can't get her out of my mind. I don't like being told what I can and can't do, especially when it comes to her. He knows I've missed her as much as he has and he has the audacity to use the brother card on me? To command me not to get close to her?

When the school day ended and Erik informed me that he couldn't find her, he didn't even have to ask, I jumped into action to find her. I scoured every classroom, closet, and hallway until I saw her.

She was huddled in a ball in the secluded hallway, and if you weren't looking for her, you wouldn't see her. She was shaking uncontrollably; the little bit of light shining in reflected on her face giving me the inclination that she's been crying, sobbing for a while.

How long has she been here?

"Ah, Devyn," I muttered as I got closer to her. She looked up at me and whimpered, scooting away from me, trying to keep her distance. My heart cracked from her facial expression alone. I squatted to her level. "I'm not going to hurt you," I whispered trying to get her to trust me.

"S-Stay away from me!" She shrieked and scooted into a corner.

"C'mon, please. Erik asked me to help find you. He's worried. So is Candor. We're all looking," I said and I could tell she didn't want to, but her resolve was so low—which made me upset at who did this to her—that she let me pick her up bridal style and carry her to the car where Erik and Candor were waiting. "What happened?" I asked her on the way to the car.

"He followed me! I'll never escape him now!," She cried, grasping my shirt and burying her face into my shoulder. I growled involuntarily and grasped her tightly. She cried silently as I placed Her in the backseat of the car. Erik and Christina looked at me questioningly but I shook my head and muttered, "I have no idea."

I may not know now, but i will at some point. She will not carry this burden alone.

Dev's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was still laying in the hallway. I could hear the shuffling of students in the surrounding hallways, but I was by myself. Pulling my knees to my chest and placing my head on my knees, I thought about what just happened with him.

He followed me. I should have known it wouldn't have been that easy to escape him.

A silent sob wracked my small body as the realization set in that no matter what, he was right; I would be his no matter where i went. I was his Kitten. I cried until I had nothing more to cry, until all I had in me was disgusting thoughts. I sat there until the last bell rang, knowing Erik was probably looking for me by now, but I didn't care. I sat my head against the wall and closed my eyes, zoning out the chaos of the release of school.

"Ah, Devyn," I heard someone mutter to me after I opened my eyes finally of what seemed like hours staying here. I looked up to see Kyle staring at me with eyes of sympathy, much like his. I whimpered and scooted away from him, trying to keep my distance. "I'm not going to hurt you," He said trying to get me to trust him.

"S-Stay away from me!" I shrieked and scooted into a corner.

"C'mon, please. Erik asked me to help find you. He's worried. So is Candor. We're all looking," He said and as much as I didn't want to, I let him pick me up bridal style and carry me. "What happened?" He asked me on the way to the car.
"He followed me! I'll never escape him now!," I cried. Kyle growled and grasped me tightly. I cried silently as he placed me in the backseat of the car. Erik and Christina looked at him questioningly but he shook his head and muttered, "I have no idea."