✨Chapter Nineteen✨

Edited 5/12/20

The next two months following prom, I worked my butt off to finish the school year out so I could catch up with the rest of the seniors. That was the one stipulation for me to accept the NYU scholarship: I had to catch up and make better in the last months.

On the last day the seniors were required to be in class, I was called into the guidance office where he told me that I had I caught up, I would be allowed to graduate, and he had just gotten off the phone with a representative from NYU who had said they were excited to be seeing me in the fall.

I'm graduating. It took hard work but I done it. Kyle, Erik, and Christina helped of course. I honestly can't thank them enough.

Currently, I was sitting in Sara's vanity chair while she did my makeup. She, just like she did for prom, was taking the day of graduation a little too seriously.

"Would you stay still? It's hard to do your make-up when you won't be still." She muttered. She and Christina keep insinuating that graduation would be the biggest day of my life.

"I don't understand why I have to dress up. It's just getting a get out of hell free card called a diploma." I muttered.

Christina gasped. "Graduation is something you will look back on and smile and want to go back every day!" She practically yelled at me and I decided to just let her be. It was silent for next hour while Sara did mine and Christina's makeup.

"Finally you're done!" she said excitedly and turned me to look in the mirror. I gasped audibly at my reflection. I wasn't the girl who lived in fear of my scars but the girl who embraces how she looks and makes the best out of her scars. The girl staring back at me is the Devyn I've always wanted to be.

"Oh my god." I breathed out. "Sara, what did you do to me? This isn't me. I mean, what you did at prom was amazing, but this..."

"Girl that is you. The only thing I did was put some natural colors on you.

The rest is all you. Now for the dress." She said.
"What dress?" I asked as my phone started ringing. I looked at who it was and smiled to myself. It was Kyle.

"Hey." I said, twirling my hair still looking at my reflection.

I wonder if this is this girl Kyle sees when he looks at me? Is this who Kasen saw?

"Hey Princess."

"What's up?" I asked him. He was at Erik's; he has a reason to call.

"We're going out after graduation tonight."

I smiled. "Are we now?"

"Yep. So wear something nice."

"And if I said I didn't want to?" I teased. Instead of teasing back he just sighed.

"Please Princess?" he asked.

"Fine. What time?" I asked giving in. He knows I can't tell him no anyways.

"Right after graduation." He said.

"Hey Kyle, I need to help Devyn get ready, so tell her bye so she can blow your mind with superhuman good looks!" Christina yelled over the phone. I couldn't help but laugh at her. I could hear Kyle laughing as well.

"She's right. I'll see you at graduation. Okay, Princess?"

"Whatever Kyle." I said but I couldn't help the smile forming on my face.

"Love you."

"I love you too." I said and he hung up.

"Now, about that dress." Sara and Christina said smirking.