✨Chapter Three✨

Edited 4/21/20
I stirred slightly; opening my eyes, I groaned and rolled over, expecting to still be in Erik's car. I was surprised to find that I was actually in a bed. I sat up to look for my brother, but froze when I heard him talking to someone outside.

"Yes, Kyle, I got her. She's coming home with me." He sighed. I could picture him pitching the bridge of his nose like i do with a sigh like that. "You don't understand, Kyle. She doesn't remember you. She didn't remember me at first. Something happened. She is so guarded; This isn't the same Devyn. Of course we weren't expecting it to be, but we were not expecting this either!" I had so many questions as to what was going on with that phone call, but the main one was who was this Kyle character?

I got up quietly and went to the restroom while my brother continued to let out his frustrations about me not remembering anything to whoever was on the other line. I was still in my clothes from yesterday and it doesn't look like Erik brought any bags, so I guess we will be driving the rest of the way in what we had yesterday.

I glanced at myself in the mirror quickly, not happy with what I saw. But that's normal. I'm never happy with the way I look. From the scars on my face and neck to my lifeless green eyes. There's just nothing nice to look at.

I heard Erik hang up and enter the room. "Dev!" He called. I stuck my head out of the open bathroom door. His eyes lit up when he realized i was gone again, that yesterday was not some dream. I walked out and looked at him.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked him, looking at my feet.

"A friend of mine in Georgia. His name is Kyle Mason. Does that name sound familiar?" He asked me and I shook my head. He sighed. "Well since you are up we should head out. We'll get food on our way." I nodded as he turned and walked out, leaving me to follow behind.

====

"Hey. Devyn. Wakey wakey!" I stirred at the sound of a stranger's voice. It sounded like a voice I've only heard in my dreams.

"M...Mom?" I questioned, still half asleep. Asleep enough to question the impossible.

I heard a chuckle. "No, no. I am related to your mother but I happen to be her sister, Valery. Her twin sister to be exact."

Then my dreadful life came back to my mind. "What's up with this family and twins?" I mumbled, fully awake.

"Don't know... C'mon, I'll show you to your room." Erik said, grabbing my very small amount of luggage.

I followed Erik into a room- no, correction, my room. It has been so long since I had my own room! I started dancing out of excitement, totally forgetting Erik was still in the room. "Ahem." He coughed.

"AH!! I forgot you were there!" I jumped.

"Ha-ha I was just sticking around to say that your cell phone is sitting on the counter in the kitchen, but that, Dev, is some sick dance moves. You should try out for the dance team."

"I don't have a cell phone." I said tilting my head. " And for the record I can't dance."

"You do now thanks to Aunt. And Devyn! You totally got moves!"

"Whatever." I said going to get my new phone, flipping my hair as I walked by him.

Walked down the stairs to see an iPhone 6 box and case on the counter. I opened it and ran to my room to start setting it up. I immediately called Miss Donna to get Kasen's number. I then called my therapist to let them know I moved and to talk to them about what to do, and I also was able to get in touch with Kaitlin.

======================================

"Devyn? Is that you?" My therapist, Lily, asked me. When I called my therapist's office, I had to leave a voicemail. I did and explained that I moved and left my new mobile number. This is her now calling me back.