✨Chapter Eleven✨

Edited 4/22/20

Dev's POV

Tears ran down my face, staining my vision. It became so hard to see the road in front of me. Something inside told me to pull over before something happened, but I couldn't, I wouldn't. I stayed on the road, screaming and sobbing, blinded by my own tears. Unbeknownst to me there was something in front of the car. When it was finally revealed to me that there was something there, instead of pressing the brakes, I accelerated. I ran into the figure in the road, killing it on impact. I soon realized it was a person. Then I saw the face.

I had hit Kasen Horton.

I had hit my best friend.

I killed my best friend.

"KASEN!" I woke up yelling. Was it all just a dream? Was it possible Kasen was still alive? Two muscular arms made their way around me pulling me close. He pulled me into his lap; i laid my head onto his shoulder. I looked up, shocked to see that it was Kyle holding me?

"Kasen." I whimpered, realizing he really was gone. "I can't believe he's actually dead." I started crying again; it feels like all I have done recently. Kyle grasped me closer, hoping to get me to calm down.

"I know Princess, I know." He whispered in my ear.

"He never got to graduate! He never got to go to Prom! He never got to meet the one! He'll never get to have kids and witness them grow up!" I sobbed finally letting it all out. Kyle never said a word as I just rambled on and on. "It's my fault he's dead." I choked the words out. Kyle's grip loosened on me and he got up. I thought he was going to leave until he bent down in front of me and wiped my tears away.

"Devyn, you are not at fault here. Were you driving the car that hit him?" he asked and I shook my head no. He continued, "Then it wasn't your fault. I do not want to hear you say that. Got it?

I just nodded. I knew it was my fault no matter what anyone said.

"I'll make us some breakfast since Erik's at Christina's house."

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower." I said as he left. I got off the bed and looked for a pair of sweatpants. I didn't want to dress up at all. I looked around my room before going to my closet. I apparently haven't unpacked my less dressy clothes yet, so i began searching through my luggage from Miss Donna's. I opened the duffel bag up and sure enough there was a pair of sweats in there but what caught my eye was a little hollowed out book. How did I know it was hollowed out? Easy. I'm the one that hollowed it to hide the one thing I didn't want anyone to find; the one thing I told Kasen I had gotten rid of: My blades.

I looked down at the book with my blades and didn't even realize I was crying until I saw tears on my book. I grabbed the book and a pair of sweatpants and went to the bathroom. I opened the book and grabbed a blade. I made 2 slits on my wrist. I welcomed the release of the pain it gave me. I breathed in deeply and released it, happy to have gotten that pain out of my system. I looked at the two cuts and thought about what they mean to me.

One for the best friend I lost.
One for the best friend I killed.

I changed into my sweat pants and grabbed a long sleeve shirt from my room to put on. I went downstairs and saw Kyle cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh hey, I didn't see you- hey, what's on your sleeve?" Kyle asked me when he turned around. I looked down at my sleeve and gasped. I forgot to clean my cuts! I had a big bloodstain on my wrist. I quickly hid it behind my back and tried to play innocent.

"What sleeve?" I asked while walking over to the table and taking a seat.

"Princess. Let me see." He said looking me dead in the eye. I sighed and rolled up my sleeve and showed him the two bloody cuts still gushing blood on my wrist. He gently grabbed my wrist with one hand and clenched his free hand into a fist. He let go of my wrist and went to get the first aid kit. When he came back, he threw it on the table, passed me my plate, grabbed his leather jacket and was out the door before I could blink. I pretended it didn't sting. I pretended I didn't want him to help me like Kasen did so many times before. I pretended that I didn't see this coming if anyone other than Kasen found out about me.