Chapter 13

OLIVIA

It's an early, very early, Sunday morning, and I'm debating whether to go to church with everyone or just sit home and read something inspirational. All while gently rubbing my belly with two hands.

There's no way I can go to church. Not the one I went to as a kid, anyway. There's just too much judgement that would be put on me there. I take a peak at Robert beside me and he's still sleeping. "Have you ever even gone to church before? I really wonder." I just have to. It's not like we really talk about Religion. But, sometimes in the evening, we'll talk and discuss some wisdom, which is nice.

He's waking up now and stretching his body all over the bed. "Good morning." I say and he smiles back at me, "Morning, beautiful. Sleep well?" I nodded and looked forward, basically into space.

"I was thinking about going to church today." I tell him and he looks a bit surprised. "Really?" he asks and I start laughing. "Why does that surprise you?" I ask and he starts laughing this time. "How can I not be? You're in your 7 month-" "27th week." I corrected and he gave me this look. "Basically 7th month. I know you get tired. You fell asleep on the couch two nights ago feeding Neil." he said and I had to agree that I was getting more fatigued these days with Neil and the pregnancy.

"Tell you what. My parents have this thing they do every Sunday at noon where they have a little service type of thing and for the rest of the day they get lunch, spend some time out, get dinner, and then go home. They're not going to be leaving for another 4 hours. How about we join them?" He asked and the idea seemed really nice.

"I'd like that. How about calling them to make sure?" I asked and he responds by getting up and getting cleaned up. Then Neil starts crying.

"Baby, why? It's as though you held off right until your father left the room." I say as I check his diaper. But, there's actually something there. And it's a doozy. "Ugh! Goodness! I always wonder how you poop this much! 6 months old (he was 3 mos. old when they got him and it's been 4 since) and your dumps just get bigger and bigger." I continued talking while I changed his diaper. The whole time he was just giggling.

"Let's get you in the bath. Looks like we're going out today." I picked him up and walked to the bathroom. I found Rob in there with a towel around his waist, shaving. "I'm giving him a bath. Don't forget to call your parents when you're done." "Mmhmm." Was his response.

"Olivia! Let's go!" Rob yelled from down the steps. "Why don't you come and help your pregnant girlfriend? I'm having a bit of trouble walking with swollen feet right now." I replied, losing my patience. I don't know what his issue is sometimes. Scratch that. All the time. He came up the steps and extended his hand out to me.

"My lady." He said with a smile.

"Oh, so now I'm your lady?" I replied, extremely irritated.

"You have been for almost a year!"

"Are you yelling at me?!"

"No, but you're raising your voice-!"

"I'm not raising my VOICE!"

"Yes you are-"

"YOU are that's why I am TOO!"

"Just STOP!" Rob screamed and I immediately shut up. Neil, who was at the bottom of the steps started to cry. Rob helped me down the steps and got Neil quiet.

"What is the problem?" Rob asked me, seeming concerned more than irritated. "I don't know. I just get really irritated sometimes and you just happened to be the most convenient person to lash out at. I'm really-"