Chapter 11

Liv woke up that morning from a crying infant. She'd been getting up for the past two weeks either to pee or to take care of the baby. "Can you do it this time Rob? Babe, I'm tired." She whined, rolling from her right to left side. Rob turned to her and placed his hand gently on her cheek. "I gotta go to work later." She looked at him and smirked, "It's Saturday. You know what? I have to pee anyway, I'll do it."

She got up and walked out of the room. Rob watched her with a smile the whole time.

"Shh shh shh. It's okay, I'm here." She picked up the baby boy and rocked him back in forth. She figured he was probably just a little lonely since he'd eaten not too long ago. Once he calmed down, she sighed and smiled at him. "I didn't think I'd feel this kind of love so early on."

Rob walked in and stood next to her. "It's been a week." "I know," she said, "but, I want to make sure I can take care of him. I am basically his mom." She put her pinky near his hand and he held it with his tiny fists. "Speaking of which, you haven't named him yet. Did your sister give him a name?" He asked her, watching the two of them.

"No, I haven't and she didn't either. We've just been calling him baby and little one. How about-" She said, but Rob cut in.

"You know, I kinda want to give him either an Irish or Italian name. I am both."

"You don't have an Irish name."

"My last name is Irish. My middle name is Italian."

"Oh, really?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yes, really. Robert Emanuele Braden."

"Okay, well, give me a name."

"Neil."

"That's Irish?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, give me an Italian one, too."

"Umm...Aroldo?"

"I have a name too."

"What is it?"

"Mosi. It's African."

"Okay. What about his last name?"

"Well...I was thinking we could hyphenate it. Or give them their own."

"So Neil Aroldo Mosi Haydon-Braden?"

The two of them looked at the baby and then each other. "Uh, I think it would be better to just give them their own last names. Especially if we're going to be giving him and this little one I'm going to have an Italian, Irish and African name. Maybe the future babies too?" She said, waiting for his reaction. "I agree. And don't get ahead of yourself. You haven't given birth yet." He told her. She gave him a little punch in the shoulder.

"So, Neil Aroldo Mosi. How's that sound?" Liv asked Rob. He seemed pretty pleased with the names. "I like that. Okay, Neil, welcome to the family. Could I hold him?" Rob asked. "Yes, please. I really need to pee now."

"You're not ready, yet?" Liv asked Robert as she came downstairs rubbing her hands together with lotion. "Ready for what?" he asked, completely lost. Olivia walked over to the calender they had in their living room and pointed to Saturday, July 19th, 2014. "Today is the first ultrasound of my third trimester." She stated as a matter of fact. "Are you supposed to have one at the beginning of your first trimester?" he asked. She shrugged, "I don't know, but I requested it and my doctor said it was okay."

"So, what are we going to do about Neil? You want me to be there, right?" He asked her.

"Yes. Let me call my aunt. Maybe she'll be able to watch him for an hour." Liv suggested. Rob nodded and she went into the kitchen with her phone. She dialed her aunt Jennifer's number.