Chapter 38: I Think I Wanna Marry You

LIV

"You're drinking?" I asked Britney, grimacing. She lifted the glass to her lips, rolled her eyes, and then took a sip.

I looked around the ceremony reception. Yes, ceremony. My cousin, Maddi, decided to have a large tent outside of this church on the outskirts of Toronto. It was already 1:00 PM, but I didn't think it was the time to drink wine.

"I barely took any," Britney said, looking at her now empty glass. "I'm not having anymore until the actual reception."

I opened my mouth to speak, "then-"

"Only three glasses, I know." She told me, with a small smile, "are you keeping a tight leash on your guy tonight, too?"

"Yes, she is," Rob said, answering the question himself. He put an arm around my waist, then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Found a parking spot?" I asked him. He nodded in response, "a little walk from here."

I saw many familiar faces as I panned the tented cobblestone area. Some relatives, some family friends. I also noticed some appetizers.

"Oh, quiche!" I whispered, eyeing the tray and the server who was carrying it.

Rob looked between me and the tray, "do you want some?"

"Yeah-"

"OLIVIA!" Someone screamed, tackling me in a bear hug from behind. I then noticed that it was two people hugging me. Fawn and Talia.

"You guys!" I exclaimed, laughing.

They did this all the time when the three of us would meet somewhere or I'd see them coincidentally. I'm the baby cousin, and they are something else!

"I missed you, little Livy!" Talia exclaimed, then went over to hug Britney, greeting her with, "Brit brat!"

"Oh, I almost forgot," I said, noticing Rob standing there with an awkward smile. He didn't really know them. "This is Fawn-Tessa and Talia, my older cousins on my dad's side."

"But, it doesn't really matter in this family. We all know each other," Fawn told Rob with a smile. He smiled back at her, giving her and Talia handshakes.

"This is my husband, Jason." Talia said, pulling her husband away from the cookies. He smiled and shook Rob's hand.

"And, this is Trent Branson," Fawn said, introducing Trent to Rob.

"I'm the boyfriend," Trent commented, a smile on his face.

"And I'm Robert," Rob said with an amused smile. "I'm here with Olivia."

I shared looks of discomfort with Talia and Britney. A part of me wanted to laugh at Trent's introduction of himself.

'I'm the boyfriend,' I replayed it in my head, a slight smile creeping onto my lips.

Fawn just looked down at her shoes, awkwardly.

Weird.

"Robert," Jason said, "let's you me and 'the boyfriend' meet some of the groomsmen. They're cool guys, you'd like them."

I turned around slightly, throwing my hand over my mouth in an attempt to hide my amusement and muzzle the laughter that threatened to explode from me. 

After the guys went off to meet the other guys, us ladies were doubled over, in fits of laughter.

"Jason's a savage," Britney said, wiping away her tears as our laughter finally died down.