Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I am so glad to be out of that monkey suite. I never was one for all that dressing up. “Men, now that it’s all behind us. Time to get back to business. I need volunteers for washing all our rigs.” Just as I expected everyone mysteriously had other things to do. Unlucky for them I am Chief Leary and what I say goes. So I walked around all the men. Trying to remember who has pissed me off recently. I smiled as I got my targets.

“Well Smokey, seeing as you like the lime light. I figured you would also like the light that will reflect of the water droplets.” I was saying it as a joke. But damn if the boy didn’t smirk and go off to get the bucket. “Oh hell, I want all you assholes out there. Make sure I can see my reflection on all them engines you hear!” I yell as I made my way to my office. I had a crap load of paperwork to do.

I hate this part of work. I might just have to hire me someone to do all this stuff for me. Alia offered. But I could just imagine how much work would get done with Blaise all over her. I huffed out a breath as I made my way inside.

Smoky’s POV

“All right you dumb shits. Who’s taking what trucks?” I asked and they all threw their sponges at me.

“Who died and made you boss?” someone yelled out. I took my suite jacket and shirt off.

“My guns here made me boss” I say smirking as I flex my muscles making them laugh. But we all got in groups and went outside while others pulled the trucks out. Like always a simple task of washing the rigs turns into Armageddon. Or shall I say the lost city of Atlantis since we all end up under water.

“Hey Mr. June, why don’t you go up and clean that ladder.” A rooky yelled at Derek.

“Well Mr. Smart ass thank you for volunteering yourself. FYI the name is Derek. Now if you know what’s good for you? That will be the last time you tease me like that.” Derek answered back. He was on edge since his girl actually got hired in LA. Just from her backside on the calendar. Well that and the fact that Alia included her small picture and info on the back pages. Poor Derek was none too happy about it.

“Chill out Derek, I think you need to just have fun and shut your mind off, at least for today.” I said, but he did send the rooky to clean the top of the ladder.

“I think Smoky is right about you cooling it for a while. Look at me and my old lady. If love is meant to be it will be. You can call each other and have a long distance relationship” Stan told him.

“Naw Mr. January, she called it quits when she left.”  Derek told Stan making him frown. “See you don’t like being called by the calendar name either.”

“Alright you ass, you made your point.” Stan said just as 2 women approach all the water splashing around.

“Hi I’m sorry to bother you but. Um my friend does not feel well.” Said the full figured one of the 2.

“Well how can we be of service ma’am. My name is Smokey this here is” I didn’t get to finish because the one that was so called not feeling well piped up.

“You are Mr. February and this is Mr. January and June. Are all the other ones here too?” She asked as she looked around. I saw her friend roll her eyes as I looked at the guys. Hmm, maybe this is just what Derek needs.

“Well Derek, show the lady inside. Maybe if she rests a little she will feel better. Give her something to drink. It is mighty hot today.” I said and Derek looked genuinely scared. But he led her inside.

“I am giving her ass 10 minutes then I’m going in after her. I swear I don’t know how I get talked into doing this stuff for her.” The full figured one said.