Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Alia’s POV

“Mia, come on and stop playing around. We need to box up all the calendars heading to New York.” I yell, since for the last half hour, she and the rest of the girls have been ogling the men on each page. They got into a conversation of who had the largest penis.

“Monica, you are a pregnant woman. You shouldn’t even be looking at them.” Mia teases.

“Girl my pregnancy has nothing to do with the fact that I can still see.” She said flipping the pages. “And mama see’s some mighty fine men here.” Damn I could not help but laugh along. She was right. Not only are they good looking, but they are also the sweetest things ever. I hope we sell at least a few.

 I have sold one to each of the girls, Aunts, mom and even grandma. They said it was for a good cause. But they seemed to have the same look on their face as they looked through the pages as the girls have now.  I put up a website and have started getting orders just from the pictures on there.

I have faith it will end up being a good decision. “So are the guys at the station excited with the final product?” Megan asked.

“I smiled at her “yes, I gave them each their own and had them sign one for me.” I smirk at the look they gave me.

“Ah hell, you have to ask Blaise to let us come by. I want mine signed too.” Giselle pouted.

The whole night seemed to revolve around the same conversation. We would work, and then take a viewing break. We worked only when one of the guys stopped by to pick up the boxes that were ready to ship out. After they left we would break out in fits of laughter and continue our drool party.

3 days later.

I sat on the floor of my bedroom in awe. I could not believe the number of sold calendars. I literally had to call the publisher and get another batch printed up. At this point they gave me a deal and would store them in their warehouse.  But as the days went by more and more orders came in online and from the stories we shipped out to.

I smiled thinking about what the chief had said. He was hopping he got enough money for something in his kitchen.

Chief Leary

I took a deep breath, trying to relax myself. It had been a week since the calendar hit stores and the web. I figured we might get enough money to get a new microwave at least. We were getting half the money. The other half going to Breast cancer, so why not hope for a new microwave.

Yet here I am a week later, in this stupid monkey suite. I am getting ready to put up a whole gear set, comprised of one item from each guy in the calendar. It has shy rocketed in sales. So Alia called me yesterday and asked for the whole uniform. Said it would go up for auction at the charity dinner tonight for Breast cancer. We were all invited as VIP guests.

The whole fire house is here, leaving all the volunteers to take care of the fire house. I sigh again and put my finger between my neck and shirt collar. As the time approaches for me to talk, the tie seems to be strangling me. “You ready chief?” Alia asked as she smiled at me and straightened my tie.

I turned to look at Blaise “see what you falling in love, has caused for me.” I mutter so he could hear. Alia turned and laughed at me. Well guess I wasn’t as quiet as I thought.  Before I knew it, my time had come and I made my way to the front of the stage. Blaise taunted me as I made my way up. All the guys I passed by made smart ass remarks too. I turned and smiled, that was enough for them to know. They will have the shitty assignments when we get back.

I walked up. “Ladies and gentlemen, I am honored at the reception the calendar has received. Even more honored to be able to help with a cause that is near and dear to many people. We didn’t really expect to sell many of them. I mean come on. Look at some of the mugs on my boys. I, on the other hand would have sold a million alone.” I paused hoping for at least one giggle.

When I heard everyone laugh, my confidence grew. “Who would have thought that all this was in demand?” I say gesturing at myself “but on a serious note, we are happy to be able to give this set for bidding. Each piece is signed by the person who wore it.” I heard a female voice yell out.

“Did you bring a support cup for sale?” My mouth dropped open as it was followed with. “I’ll give one thousand dollars for it.” The women started yelling out obscene amounts of money. Then finally I was rescued by a lovely raven haired woman.

“Now, now ladies. They are firemen not sports men. Although, we do have the famous Diaz clan in the house. Now there is a support cup that might be. Oh damn, what am I saying. Thank you Chief Leary. As you know this is a silent auction so after dinner you may bid.” She turned and smiled at me as she walked off. I trailed her until I saw her take her seat.

Alia’s POV

I smiled after the Chief spoke. He really has no idea yet just how much the calendar has made. It has been one week and we have made enough for him to get that new Fire truck he has wanted the city to buy. I smile very pleased with myself. We are really going to make a difference. I hope, with this money we will help many women needing treatment and everything else.

I turn and smile at Blaise. He bent his head and kissed the top of my head. I sighed and snuggled to his side. I knew he would be going back to the station soon. But for now I will bask in his nearness.  I looked over to the 2 tables filled with my family and their loved ones. Everyone came out in support. It really made me happy.

“Did the Chief tell you about the call we received last night?” Blaise whispered in my ear. I turned to him and shook my head no. “Well it seems a call came in to the firehouse. It was a woman claiming that her cat was stuck in a tree. The Chief sent over the truck with the ladder. It was Smokey and one of the trainees that went.” The smirk on his face meant it would be a good story.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………