Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Carline's POV

The moment she heard Chief Leery's voice her breath stopped. She knew they were waiting for him to arrive. Yet that did nothing to prepare her for the feelings her body seemed to be experiencing just from his voice. Careful Carline, he is just a man like any other.

Her dogs sensing her unease surrounded her. She looked down and scratched them both behind the ears in hopes of reassuring them. She had decided to bring them with. They tended to get very destructive when left alone for too long. Well if she was being honest with herself. They also seemed to be a great judge of character. They disliked anyone male.

Well anyone that tried to get close to her. It's like they sense something. She figured it was the best way to get this man out of her head. When her dogs growled at him for getting close to her. It would be a sign that he and she should back off each other. Her thoughts were temporarily side tracked by an argument between the fire fighter Derek and the lovely young lady Thannia.

If she wasn't careful, the sparks being set off by those two would burn her dress. She smiled as she looked at the couple. "Some guys lack the ability to be up front and just tell a woman that she is his destiny. That she will be his, that he can practically taste her on his tongue."

Carline felt the flood of moisture reach places better left dry. How dare he talk to her that way? She turned around just as he turned around and kissed Thannia on the cheek. Then he shook hands with Blaze and Derek. She was still reeling from his words when he bent down and placed a whisper of a kiss on her lips.

He then walked away and followed Blaze to the bar, leaving her slack jawed looking after him.

"Damn, the chief sure works fast." Muttered Derek as he followed after the men. He was unaware of the scowling Thannia and Carline he had just left behind. Each upset for a different reason.

Chief Leery's POV

Holy shit, holy shit, holy fucking shit. What the hell did I just do? It took all his willpower not to reach up and touch his lips that were still tingling. He did run his tongue over his lips though. The taste of her gloss was sweet. Or was that just the taste of her, all fine woman.

"Crap Chief, you are a smooth son of a gun." Derek said as he smacked him on the back. The chief just turned and smiled.

"See son that is the difference between you and me. You find yourself trying to sell yourself and convince your woman she should be with you. I on the other hand know what I want. I am going on the attack and plan to raid without giving her a chance to think." He smirked and prayed to God she would not kick his ass. He truly was worried about her reaction and was scared to even turn to look at her.

He had spent all the time since he meet her researching her. Trying to find out as much as he could about her. It seemed like everything that was uncovered only made the chief fall deeper and deeper in love with her. According to Alia and Blaze, she was going to bring her dogs. Seems they dislike any male attention she gets.

But he had a perfect plan in place. He had his pockets full of dog treats. He would tell no one of his little secret. No dog could resist a man, who would give out treats. Sure enough as he thought it Alias's little mutt came and begged at his legs. As the guys talked he casually slipped one little treat out and dropped it so the dog could get it. He then ran over to the 2 big dogs who must belong to his lady love.

They came sniffing not to long after. Seeing this as an advantage, he knelt down after palming a treat in each hand. He then extended his hands offering the treats but making it seem like he was allowing the dogs to sniff his hand. You know that's how they sense you are not a threat. From his peripheral vision, he could see their owner looking at him.

"Well hello there, what's your name." He said to one of the dogs as he scratched both on the head. The dogs sat at his feet then laid and presented him with their belly's. He heard the gasp of surprise as he knelt down and rubbed the tummies presented to him.

"Oh my goodness, they have never done that to anyone but me." He heard to his right, as he smiled to himself.

Yes, he was indeed very proud of having come up with that idea. He looked up and smiled at her. "Dogs are a very good judge of character. They sense who the alpha male is. It seems they have chosen me as the leader of their pack. It seems only fair as I plan to be in their life."

With those words he rose to his feet and placed her arm in the crook of his. Since Alia had just announced dinner was served. Yes indeed, he was sure as hell going to give her no time to think.

Dinner went off without a problem. He liked the way she was looking at him since her dogs where asleep at his feet. They took desert in the living room and to his surprise all 3 dogs were at his side waiting for more treats. He indulged them when no one was looking. He was a regular dog whisperer indeed.

Derek's POV

What the hell, the chief was on a roll with his lady and mine won't give me the time of day....

Little did Derek know that Thannia was hurt because he had practically ignored her for two days? Yet now he wanted to be all over her. It's too bad she didn't know that poor Derek was just following the chief's advice about making her miss him. But it seems to be working, because for two days Thannia tried her best to get Derek's attention without actually talking to him.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Well it seems like poor Derek has to be more suave like the Chief. Or more sneaky :P