Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Thannia’s POV

Thannia was very mad at finding out just what a sexist pig Derek was. She could not help the part of her that wished he was different then other guys. Sighing she finished eating and headed back to the Chiefs office early. The sooner she got done there the sooner she could go home for the day. 20 minutes later the door burst open. “There you are” said a female voice. She turned around to see a very beautiful blond looking at her.

“Didn’t anyone teach you to knock first before entering a room?” Thannia’s survival instincts kicked in. This was probably just another one of the groupies looking for Derek. An unwelcomed surge of jealousy made her suck in a breath. What the hell, this was a new feeling and she did not like it.  

“Oh, I love you already.” The blond said coming to hug her.

Who the hell is this girl? Thannia was trying to pry her off when Derek walked in. “Alia” he yelled all excited and the girl pulled back and Thannia almost lost her footing. She steadied herself as Derek made his way inside and swept the blond off her feet. She smacked his arm and he put her down. “Did you come to your senses and come to marry me?”

Derek did not notice how Thannia had stiffened as she looked at the couple before her. “As if” the blond said smiling at him. Then they both turned to her. “So Thannia is it? I came to invite you to dinner at my house on Friday.”

I was not sure who she was and why she would even think I wanted to go to her house. Just then the chief came in and the blond smiled up at him. I frowned thinking she sure was a cheery little thing. “Alia, how are you?” The chief asked as he kissed her cheek.

“I’m good, just had a chance to break free and come and see the woman who took my Blaze down a notch.” She smirked at me “plus I invited her to dinner Friday.” Now I had all 3 looking at me. The blond blushed then walked and took my hand. I swear this chick is too touchy feely for my taste. “Oh I’m sorry. Hi, my names Alia and I am Blaze’s fiancé.” She said with a smirk, knowing full well I was uncomfortable.

Looking at her I know blushed myself, remembering how unfair I was to that guy this morning. Before I could speak Derek broke in “Hey, don’t I get an invitation too?” I turned to scowl at him.

Alia’s POV