Chapter 1

A/N: Hi everyone! This story is also on www.fanfiction.net at https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10385294/1/The-Generation-of-Miracles-Reincarnated 
Please check it out, read and review!

SUMMARY
'"Akashicchi…" Ryōta Kise stuttered, "Does that mean you want us to be in your team? For the… Olympics?" Akashi-kun only stared back and nodded.' The Generation of Miracles were once again called by Akashi but this time, it was to form a team to be in the Olympic Games. How will they fair? Very slight Akakuro :)

The Generation of Miracles Reincarnated

Chapter 1

The phone buzzed incessantly in Kuroko's pocket. Who was it? He was in the middle of practice so his parents would know not to call him. No one in school paid any attention to him save his basketball team but he was already with his team, sitting on some of the benches.

He flipped up the phone and sat stock-still. Did Akashi-kun just text him? Ever since the Teiko basketball team had graduated into different schools, Akashi-kun had only texted Kuroko once, which was that time before the Winter Cup, to gather the Generation of Miracles. What did his former captain request now?

Kagami Taiga-kun noticed Kuroko staring at his phone and asked, "Oi, Kuroko, who's that?"

Kuroko almost flinched at the question from his thoughts. To be honest, he was actually quite scared but at the same time, eager to find out what Akashi-kun wanted. He blanked his face and replied, "Akashi-kun just texted me. I will go out to reply the message." Kuroko stood up and walked through the swinging doors of the gymnasium.

Once outside, Kuroko pressed the 'RECEIVE' button on his phone and read through the message. It was neither good nor bad and since it was a text message, Kuroko could not determine the meaning of the message. As vague as ever, Akashi-kun just told Kuroko to meet him and the others at the street ball court near Seirin High School in two minutes.

Pushing open the swinging doors, Kuroko was met with many pairs of eyes full of suspense staring at him. "What did he say?" Kuroko's current captain, Hyuuga Junpei asked.

"He told me to meet him somewhere now. Could I please excuse myself from practice? I am very sorry," Kuroko pleaded. Aida Riko, Seirin High's basketball coach thought for a while and nodded. Riko was obviously still very wary of the hetero-eyed captain of Rakuzan even though Seirin had beat them, be it by one point due to the free throw given to Seirin because of a foul.

Gaining permission from his coach, Kuroko left the gymnasium after packing up his stuff and began brisk walking to the basketball court. Akashi-kun would not tolerate anyone being late. His orders were absolute.

Turning a corner, Kuroko could see the wired fence surrounding the court and five familiar figures already in the court, one dribbling a ball casually. It was most likely Aomine Daiki-kun. Kuroko quickened his pace so as to prevent them from waiting too long.

"Tetsuya, you are here," the silky voice of his redheaded captain called out as Kuroko stepped into the court.

Nodding at the others as a greeting, Kuroko questioned, "Akashi-kun. Why did you call us here?" He cleared his throat.

"Ever since playing against Seirin, I have wanted to reincarnate the Generation of Miracles, but we were all in different schools. However, I have just received news that would allow us to work as a team once more again," Akashi-kun announced. Kuroko was startled. Did Akashi-kun just say that he wanted to work as a team? Did he realize that he lacked teamwork?

Kuroko did not have time to think further as Akashi-kun unfolded a piece of paper he had been folding and read out, "Dear Akashi Seijurō, Captain of Rakuzan High's basketball club, we are pleased to invite you to be a national player in the Olympic Games that are to be held in Japan early next year. You may invite any players you deem fit to be on your team to play. As we understand that you are a high school student, we will allow you access to the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium used for Inter-High at any time. We will notify you when the gymnasium is in use. Please fill in the compulsory form and send it to the Ministry of Sports within five working days. Thank you. Regards, the Ministry of Sports, Japan."

Everyone's jaw was slackened. If Japan were full of flies, they would certainly be eating a whole mouthful of that disgusting bug. "Akashicchi…" Ryōta Kise-kun stuttered, "Does that mean you want us to be in your team? For the… Olympics?" Akashi-kun only stared back and nodded.

"Therefore, I would want Friday and Saturday to be our training day. You may still be with your team to practice, but on those two days, please request to be excused. We may request for practice matches with some teams to test and refine our skills. We start practice this Friday," Akashi stated. No one dared to defy him, not that anyone wanted to refuse. Finally, after one year and a few months, the Generation of Miracles was getting back together again.

Even Kuroko could tell from the glint in his eye that Murasakibara Atsushi-kun was excited. Aomine-kun looked amused. Shintatō Midorima-kun was emotionless as usual but Kuroko could see his fidgeting. He was fighting the urge to start practice. Kise-kun, on the other hand, was literally jumping up and down, too eager to contain the thrill.

Kuroko was smiling.

Akashi-kun nodded and dismissed the group, seeing as they have all silently agreed to his request. When Kuroko wanted to leave, Akashi-kun placed a hand on his shoulder, signaling for him to stop. Kuroko looked up, confused, at his former captain so Akashi-kun said, "Tetsuya, thank you for teaching me that lesson. Now I finally can understand you reasons for joining Seirin High. Thank you." Kuroko's eyes softened as he had finally accomplished his goal: to return his former teammates to the basketball-lovers they were before.

Kise-kun waved from the exit of the court, shouting, "Hey! You guys wanna get some ice cream? It's been forever since we've ate some together!" Akashi-kun usually did not follow the Teiko team for their almost daily serving of ice cream but this time, he agreed. The six of them began walking down the streets towards the convenience stall in the sunset, talking and chatting like how they used to so often in their middle school days.