(Chapter 2)

“I call bed!” I yelled, and jumping onto the right side – my side of the bed, before he could say anything awkward. “You can sleep on the sofa.”

He glared at me.

“I am not sleeping on the sofa,” he said, walking over to the other side, and elegantly, gracefully, sitting down on the left side. “You can sleep on the sofa. I’m the kidnapper. I’m in charge.”

“I paid!” I protested.

“I paid for you food all today,” he said, glaring at me again. “That’s got to be way more than how much this room cost.”

“You’re ransoming me. You’re going to have millions soon.”

“You have millions now. That’s why I kidnapped you.”

“I’m rich, and so I’m used to sleeping on big comfy beds. I get the bed.”

“But I’m…I’m the kidnapper! I could…rape you!”

I raised my eyebrows.

“Go on, then,” I said, opening up my arms, and making a defenceless position. He just looked away, and blushed, slightly embarrassed. I looked away too. I’m not normally this…outgoing. I’m more reserved normally, more shy. I don’t know why he makes me…so…not shy.

I slid under the covers, and lay there for a while, trying to ignore the heavy silence in the air. He got in as well. We were two people, laying side by side, not touching. Could it get any more awkward?

“I say,” I said, swallowing, trying to ignore the fact my voice was shaking, “first one who gets out of the bed has to sleep on the sofa.”

He turned his head towards me, and smiled the cute little boyish smile I liked.

“Okay.”

Silence, again.

“Only,” I said, getting out of the bed again. “Can we start it in a minute, because I kind of need to use the bathroom?”

***

Twenty minutes later, we were in a middle of a Star Trek marathon. Ok, nerdy, but you know, kind of fun. There was no popcorn, so we settled for twenty-dollar packs of salted peanuts instead. I am allergic to nothing, so I eat everything.

“God, this bit’s my favourite!” I yelled, scattering peanuts everywhere. “Shh!” I hissed to him, and I went deathly silent. Well, apart from the peanut-crunching sounds. That were coming from me, not him.

Chris Pine came onto the screen, and said my favourite line for the whole movie:

“You know, going back in time, changing history... that's cheating.”

I mouthed the words with him, like the little nerd I was.

“God, he’s awesome,” I muttered. Chris Pine was an amazing actor, and should be way more well known. “He’s like, my idol.”

Josh, a.k.a. Kidnapper, frowned and paused the movie.

“You like Chris Pine? What’s so great about him?”

I rolled my eyes.

“He’s an amazing actor. That’s what so great. He may be the most talented guy in the universe.”

Mr. Kidnapper frowned some more.

“He’s awful. How can you like him?!”

I jumped out of the bed, and peanuts went everywhere. I was seriously annoyed. He was way too mean – I mean, I didn’t diss his girl idol, whoever she was (Cheryl Cole? Miley Cyrus? There both seemed pretty sucky to me, but then again, I wasn’t a guy.), so how could he diss mine?

Then he started laughing, which pissed me off even more.

I jumped on him, and administrating the straddle-pin-down trick that I’d been taught to use on kidnappers when I first saw them – not a couple hours later.

“What the hell is so funny?” I asked. My legs were on either side of his, my arms pinning his down so in theory, he wasn’t able to move – though he was laughing so hard he trembled.

“You got out of the bed,” he choked out, still laughing. “You have to sleep on the sofa!”

Damn him. That’s not fair! My arms suddenly went around his neck. He was so annoying, I just wanted to…I don’t know!

One little fact I may have forgotten – my arms were pinning him down? Lose the arms, and what do you get? A completely-able-to-move guy.

And he twisted his hips, and spun us around, so now he was on top of me, pinning me down. Crap.

“Hey,” I said, quietly. “Let me up.”

“No,” he said, his eyes full of quiet laughter. “I don’t want to. You might try to kill me again. Attempted murder? How many years do they give you for that in Nevada?” Ironic, since he kidnapped me.

“Please let me up,” I said, my eyes watering for real. He was really heavy, and I was beginning to choke. “I can’t breathe.”

“Promise not to hit me?”

“Promise.”

“Promise not to eat my food?”

“…Promise.”

“Promise to let me sleep in the bed?”

“…”

“Hello?” he said, shaking me. “You want to get out, don’t you? Come on, promise.”

“Can’t we just share?” I said grudgingly. Sharing was better than on sofa. I mean, we already established he wouldn’t rape me, right? He barely had the guts to get his gun out (it was stowed in a “safe” place). “I’m really small, and I don’t take up any space.”

“You’re right,” he said, taking some of the pressure off my arms. “That’s kind of weird, since you’ve eaten about a hundred thousand calories since I met you.” Met you. That’s a nice way of putting, “he kidnapped me”. I should use it.

“Well, high metabolism. It’s not just since I…met you.”

“Fine,” he said, getting off me completely. He unpaused the movie again, and the giant Chris Pine started moving again. Finally.

***

Annoying little birds chirped. Did they not know what time it was? If I had a gun, I would shoot them. Maybe I could ask Josh…He said he had a gun somewhere. All I felt was a gentle calamity, a sense of security I rarely got.

I felt like doing to clichéd stretch and yawn, but something was constricting my movement. What the hell was this…? Two muscled arms held me closer to a wide chest, and soft, hot breaths on my neck…What the…?

“ARGH!” I yelled.

“ARGH!” he yelled back.

“ARGH!!” It was me this time. Again.

“What the hell…” he muttered, pulling me even closer to his chest. “Why are you yelling so early in the morning?”

“You’re…choking…me,” I screamed, choking. He was way too strong for his own good.

“Oh,” he said, letting go suddenly and sitting up, like he’d just realized what he was doing. I sat up as well, as shuffled away from his slightly. “I’m sorry, I…”

“No, it’s okay –”

“It was my fault, I didn't –”

“No, I was the one who –”

“It was my fault,” he said, his tone making it final. “Let’s just get up, and get dressed. I need to make that call to your Dad.”

“Oh,” I said. “Right.” He’d kidnapped me. This wasn’t some game…he’s kidnapped me. I don’t know what I was thinking – for a second, I thought we were just friends. Damn, I’m stupid.

There was another awkward silence.

“Want to get breakfast?”

***

Author's Note: Sorry, not my best, but I was busy...I have so many stories to update LOL...