Chapter Nine

Jennie release the hug and shakes her head, making Jisoo confuse with her action as she utters to the older while sobbing.

"It's too late, unnie. She doesn't love me anymore, but I t-think I deserve it." Jennie stutters as she tries to choke back her tears.

Time flies. No one and nothing is gonna wait for you to do or admit it in the time you want, and this is her situation right now.

"Jennie, I will help you, okay? Chaeng and I will help you to get Lisa back. Don't worry. Now, let's go back. We need to rest for our concert tonight."

Jennie nods as she follows Jisoo outside.

The ride to their dorm is deadly silent. Chaeng sleeps on Jisoo's shoulder as Jisoo pats her head slightly.

Jennie looks outside the car's window while Lisa looks at her phone and grins happily.

Jennie glances at Lisa from time to time. The sight of her happiness kills her. It's not because of jealousy, but it's because she is not the one who makes the blonde smile.

She used to be the reason why Lisa is happy, but now it's different from before. 

She takes out her earphones as she puts it on her ears, listening to the songs that she used to enjoy with Lisa.

Opening the car window, closing her eyes, She relishes the voice of a singer helps her ease some pain with the memories she has.

Heaving a deep sigh, she tries to sleep, erasing the unsettled feeling of hearing the blonde laughing with the lucky person on her phone.

Lisa texts with Somi as they become closer gradually. Lisa doesn't fall in love with Somi as she just considers her as one of her friends. Somi helps her a lot through the process of trying to forget Jennie from her head, more from her heart.

The car arrives at the dorm as Jisoo and Chaeng head outside first because they sit at the front. Lisa follows them, not looking Jennie beside her.

As she is about to go out, Jennie grabs her wrist and mumbles. "Can we talk?"

Lisa looks at her and yanks her hand away as if she is afraid of their skin touching, "No, we don't. Unnie, tonight is our concert, and I don't want to have an argument with you now. It might affect our performance."

"What makes you think that we may have an argument when we just talk like before?" Jennie asks as she tries to choke back her tears.

Lisa shakes her head as she speaks calmly, "Since that day, we have never talked like before." Her eyes go soft as she doesn't want to remind about it.

Jennie's heart drops to the ground because of the latter's bluntness. Lisa doesn't even want to speak to her. How could she explain everything to her if she keeps avoiding and ignoring her like that.

She swallows her saliva, trying to choke back her sadness as she looks away and utters softly to Lisa, "After tonight, I want to talk to you. I want us to be back." Jennie doesn't wait for Lisa's response as she heads inside the dorm, making the latter heave a deep sigh in defeat.

---

The concert begins, the different color of lights spreads all over the stage, and Blackpink's members begin to perform flawlessly. Blinks start to yell their idols' names and sing along the songs.

After a few songs of dancing with the intense moves, there is time for them to sing the emotional one called 'STAY'.

Some people have already been sobbing since it starts to play while Rosé sits beside Jennie and Lisa next to Jisoo in front of the crowd.

As the song begins, they sing in rhythm with it perfectly.

So easily, with harsh words
You put scars in my heart
Without even saying sorry
Again, I'm comforting myself
Always nervous
If you're gonna leave me
I just want you to stay

Jennie bursts into tears as the song slips into her mind, reminding her of what she has done to Lisa. She sobs silently and can't go through the rhythm well, making Rosé get panic and hug Jennie tightly as Jisoo sings Jennie's part.

Blinks cries with their idol as they think that Jennie cries because of the meaning of the song. Well, they are right but not at all. They don't know the real reason behind, though.

In your expressionless face
That's getting more and more dull
I whisper to the mirror,
Let's slowly let this go
You take me for granted
But that's you
But still, stay stay stay with me

Every word in this song is like a knife stabbing to her chest while Lisa enjoys the song, looking at the blinks as she cries, too. She glances beside, seeing Jennie crying like a mess, but she is just like a blink, thinking that Jennie crying because of the emotion in the song.

This sad melody resembles you
It makes me cry eh eh
Your scent is a sweet felony
I hate you so much but i love you

Since the it came out, she has never thought about the lyrics this much until this day, this night. The song resembles her relationship between her and Lisa, leaving so much pain when she sings.

Before the dark night traps me in
Don't leave me
Do you still love me? If you feel the same
Don't leave today
Don't ask why it has to be you
Just stay with me

Jennie mumbles the last part 'Just stay with me' and looks at the blonde, smiling with tears rolling on her cheeks.

(It goes a little something like)
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I don't expect a lot right now
Just stay with me

Lisa takes a glance accidentally to the other side, gasping in shock as she sees Jennie looking at her, but she does nothing beside turning her gaze away as she just sits and pretends like she doesn't see her at all.

There's nothing more I want now
I can't even tell if my heart is beating
Rather than forceful conversations with others
I'd rather be in awkward silence with you
So stay, wherever that may be
Sometimes, when darkness comes, I'll be your fire
In this world that is a lie the only truth, it's you
This a letter from me to you

This sad melody resembles you
It makes me cry eh eh
Your scent is a sweet felony
I hate you so much but i love you

Before the dark night traps me in
Don't leave me
Do you still love me? If you feel the same
Don't leave today
Don't ask why it has to be you
Just stay with me

(It goes a little something like)
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I don't expect a lot right now
Just stay with me

(It goes a little something like)
Lalalalalala Lalalalalala Lalalalalala
I don't expect a lot right now
Just stay with me